June 8, 2012

Best Of


 After my dental hygienist begged me to tell her what I use on my skin, I decided I should put together a “Best of” list for the blog. I write about a lot of things, and I try a lot of things, but there are some things I buy again and again. (Or would buy again if they broke.)

I’ve actually already written about most of these products, but unless you’ve read the entire blog (Has anyone read the entire blog?!) you might have missed some of these. I’ve included links to the original posts if you want all the deets.

 

Clarisonic Mia
I use this every morning in the shower, and I miss it when I travel. Even though it’s travel-size and I guess could bring it with me. (It seems kind of high-maintenance to travel with my electric face brush?)



Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser
I thought I wrote a post about this, but I really can’t find it anywhere, though I did mention it a few times in other posts. I use this in the shower daily, with my Mia. My husband likes it too, even though before this I think he was pretty much just washing his face with water.



Dr.Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel Towelettes
Even though it says “Daily” I use this about once a month, or a little more if I really need it. I buy the individual packets so they don’t dry out.



Tweezerman Slant Tweezers
These are awesome and come in fun colors and prints (which make them easy to find in your bag/drawer/cabinet.) For some reason they don't look slanty in the picture, but get the slanted tips. They will keep you from having wolfdog eyebrows.



Shiseido Eyelash Curler
I tried some newfangled ones, but this is still my favorite. It seems wider than other brands, so it doesn’t catch my eyelashes in the corners. Also, for awhile Sephora didn't have these, and now they're back!


Dr. Lewinn by Kinerase Wrinkle Repair Daily Lotion SPF 30
I got a free sample of this through bzzagent.com, and I like it so much I just keep buying it. There is nothing not to like about it.



Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 PA++oz
Do I ever shut up about the BB Cream? No, I don’t. This rocks.



Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat
This continues to be awesome, which I will say again and again just like everyone else does. Touche Eclaaaaaaat!



Smashbox O-GLOW Intuitive Cheek Color
For a regular day I use this on its own over BB Cream. If I’m getting fancy, I add a thin layer of powder and then regular powder blush on top. Staying power!



Sephora Collection Lush Flush Lip & Cheek Stain
Under lip balm, chubby stick, or lipstick. This is like backup pretty lip color.



Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm
You know how celebrity interviews are always like “What’s the one product that’s always in your handbag?” This is mine. (Even though nobody asked.)



Fresh Sugar Rosé Lip Treatment
I keep this next to my bed, because I love it so much and it makes me happy. I currently have the coral one in with my makeup too.



Buxom Lash Blackest Black
The mascara that inspired the blog! I don’t even know how many tubes of this I have gone through at this point. Sometimes I get stuck and buy one from the drugstore, just to see, so maybe I’ll have a new mascara to tell you about. But I’m always disappointed, so I probably should just make sure I never run out.


Seche Vite Dry Fast Top CoatThis just came up again recently. I always go with this one when I’m not doing the Shellac/Gelish stuff. It's the strongest, glossiest topcoat I've found.



Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain
This may be the best lipcolor ever. I gave my favorite one away (to my 85 year old Grandmother!) last weekend, and had to go to three different Sephoras four times to find a replacement so I could wear it this weekend. #20 Rouge Enamel is such an awesome glossy red; I was freaking out thinking they discontinued it. It’s all good now though!


Whew! Well, I  think those are all the products I can't live without. For now.

5 comments:

  1. I've been wanting you to do this! I am always in Sephora, thinking, now what was that thing that Jill blogged about? Then I text you. You sell it so well I want to go straight to Sephora right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless it's an "emergency" I shop through the website because you can always get freebies. For example, right now, you can get a free mini lip balm and blush from Benefit if you use the code "fandelion" if you're a beauty insider. (Free to sign up!)

      Delete
    2. Oh boy, I AM a beauty insider! Here I go, WHEEEE!

      Delete
  2. I was a faithful disciple of Lancôme mascaras (Hypnôse in particular) but you totally converted me to Buxom! I also tried to replace it with a L'Oreal but I missed it too much ahah!

    ReplyDelete