March 24, 2011

Golden Oldie




I’ve been using this forever, and maybe you have too, but it’s recently come to my attention that not everyone knows about it. And really, everyone should. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclatis a gold magic wand that basically erases dark shadows on your face. It’s not a concealer, it’s a luminizer, which “brings light and radiance to the skin.” But don’t get it confused with highlighter, because it’s not that either. No shimmer, no sparkles, lighter-weight than concealer, or even foundation. Just consider it a magical shadow eraser and you'll be fine.


I mostly use it around my eyes, but you can also use it around your nose, smile lines, marionette lines, chin or wherever you have shadows. It is not going to make creases in your face go away, it just creates an optical illusion by reflecting light. At $40, it is not, by any means, cheap. Though Sephora currently has a thing where you can get Touche Éclat, a mascara and an eye makeup remover in a little pink YSL cosmetic bag for $62. (If you need any of those things.)

I’m really restless when it comes to products, but I’ve been using this for about eight years now, I think. To show you what it can do, I have subjected my bare face, in daylight, to the camera. I don’t have any other makeup on, so please disregard the rest of my face, which I’ve done my best to crop out. I also will consider Visine before doing another close-up eyeball photoshoot.


before


after

I sat in the exact same spot, and shot these about 1 minute apart, I even used a tripod! But for some reason my skin is a little different between the two photos. Still, even though I'm pinker in one and yellower in the other, you can really see what this stuff can do!

Please, if you shop at Sephora, even if you only buy things occasionally, join their Beauty Insider Program. It’s free, and for every $100 you spend, you get a free deluxe sample. (Seriously, you can get up to $100 scary-quick!) If you don’t want to receive their marketing emails, you can just unsubscribe, you’ll still be part of the rewards program. And don’t forget: if you try something and don’t like it, return it! I don’t want you throwing your money away, especially on something I recommended.

2 comments:

  1. The results are impressive!!
    I recommended the Touche Eclat to my mom a few years ago because I've always heard fantastic things about it. She was satisfied with it but I couldn't try hers because I'm way paler. But now I want one!!!
    So you don't need to use a concealer, even if the texture is lighter?
    I use a mac concealer for some time now but am always ready to try something new (except for my Lancôme Eyeliner which is the only product that gives me 100% satisfaction).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use this instead of concealer on my eyes, and I apply it to the entire eye socket so the whole area looks brighter.

    Concealer and foundation always seems to get stuck in my fine lines or look dry. If my circles are extra dark, I'll put a little bit of concealer just on the darkest part. I don't really have lines down there so it works out.

    ReplyDelete