October 18, 2012
October 16, 2012
Sorry to have fallen off the face of the earth for a week! I got wrapped up in a project and basically dropped everything else, without warning. Oops. I may have to start doing only two posts a week, but I’ll keep up the best I can… because I still have to tell you stuff!
One such stuff is this Korres Cheek Butter.I picked it up toward the end of the summer, because I wanted a warmer option than the O-glow I’d been using, and this seemed like a really natural looking color. It’s the kind of “universal” pinky peach that looks good on everyone, according to a bunch of magazines I read, so I actually ended up ordering it online without even trying it at the store.
October 5, 2012
- Provide a wide array of slightly dried out and/or separated polishes.
- Manicurists should not allow customers to interrupt their conversations with each other, nor should they allow proximity to each other to limit conversation. That’s what shouting is for.
- Use well-worn paper nail files aggressively.
Avoid fine-grit boards if possible.
- Always use ambiguously clean tools, with gusto!
- If manicurists are not with a customer, they should stand around eating loudly and talking more loudly.
- Have a rice cooker cooking rice, somewhere.
Make sure aroma is evident.
- Instruct employees to wash vegetables in the hand sink. (Recommended: Broccoli)
- Allow manicurists to take personal phone calls while working on customer’s nails. Extra points if conversation is during polish portion of manicure.
- Make sure there are no magazines anywhere.
- Always try to include at least three misspelling per sign.
- It should take no less than four rounds under the dryer to dry thick layers of polish.
- All chairs should be uncomfortable, with torn vinyl and stains where applicable.
(Assuming I didn't catch nail herpes.)
October 3, 2012
Before there was BB Creamavailable, I used Tarte Smooth Operatortinted moisturizer. And before that, I used Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer,which was all the rage at the time. When I heard Laura Mercier had put her tinted moisturizer in a compact,I was definitely interested, mostly for touch-ups and travel. (Because I am still fiercely loyal to Dr. Jart!) So when I saw a Sephora promo code to get a free mini compact of the new tinted moisturizer, I snapped it up in a way that was very much like that little noise a compact makes when it closes.
October 1, 2012
It’s October! Somehow! Already! But that’s okay, because I like October, but seriously, what happened to September? We don’t know. But since it's definitely October 1st, we might as well talk about a mask. Hahah. Do you get it?! A MASK!