October 1, 2012

Clearly, Time For A Mask


It’s October! Somehow! Already! But that’s okay, because I like October, but seriously, what happened to September? We don’t know. But since it's definitely October 1st, we might as well talk about a mask. Hahah. Do you get it?! A MASK!

Anyway.

This morning I tried out Ahava Time To Clear Purifying Mud Mask. I had actually planned on using it even before I realized it was October and thought about the mask thing, because my skin has just not been at its finest lately. I actually had to get up from the couch yesterday because I was distracted from my magazine by a blackhead that I needed to “take care of.”

What’s wrong with me?

I’ve heard great things about Dead Sea mud, which this has in abundance, and I’ve had mud or clay masks recommended for my skin type a few times, so I was looking forward to trying out the deluxe sample from Ahava I’d gotten in one of my recent Birchboxes.

This is what they tell me:
This deep cleansing beauty mask purifies and restores skin to reveal a brighter, even toned, radiant complexion. It contains purifying and softening qualities that clear the skin of excess oils, root out grime and blackheads, and prevents the formation of blemishes.

Soothing, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties with the benefits of Horsetail Extract . Jojoba Oil nourishes and moisturizes.
My favorite part is “root out grime and blackheads.”

The mask is a perfectly zombie-like shade of gray/green/blue. It feels nice, and doesn’t have much of a smell. You only need to leave it on for two minutes and it leaves skin feeling incredibly soft, and it seems cleaner and less congested. I didn’t notice an immediate reduction in pores or blackheads, but it’s not Jesus. I feel like this is the kind of thing I should have been doing to maintain the results of the awesome facial I got for my birthday. But I was lazy and didn’t do that.

The directions on the website say to use it twice a week. That seems like a lot of effort, but the Dead Sea minerals are supposed to “replenish, rehydrate and recharge the skin.” Plus it works on blemishes as “a purifying and healing treatment.” All of those things sound really nice and good. Also, this stuff expires after 6 months, so if you were going to drop $30 on a tube of it, you’d better use it regularly! Throwing away a $30 tube of expired mud would definitely make me scream.

4 comments:

  1. I am a HUGE fan of Origins Clear Improvement charcoal mask. It's been around for a while so there's a good chance you've already tried it, but if not, I say give it a go! They sell it at Sephora so at least you can just return it if you don't like it. I have oily skin so I could really use the Origins mask every other day if I had the time or patience (I don't). It's great at clearing up blackheads and leaving my skin looking healthy, dare I say younger-looking (if only for a few fleeting hours)? And it's also a little cheaper - $22ish, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I'll have to check it out. I am secretly wishing it's charcoal black...

      Delete
  2. Also remember clay mask are great for helping pull out "the icky" and they also dry skin out. So, if you've already got dry skin just use the mask on your promblem areas (nose, chin etc). Nothin says you have to use the same mask on every part of your face. Some people need a little customizing :-) Happiest October!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried about that, and I was thinking "There is no way I would use this twice a week" since I do have dry skin. Good call on the targeted areas! (My sample will last longer too!)

      Delete