October 16, 2012

*Blush*


Sorry to have fallen off the face of the earth for a week! I got wrapped up in a project and basically dropped everything else, without warning. Oops. I may have to start doing only two posts a week, but I’ll keep up the best I can… because I still have to tell you stuff!

One such stuff is this Korres Cheek Butter.I picked it up toward the end of the summer, because I wanted a warmer option than the O-glow I’d been using, and this seemed like a really natural looking color. It’s the kind of “universal” pinky peach that looks good on everyone, according to a bunch of magazines I read, so I actually ended up ordering it online without even trying it at the store.

I got the Butter Than Everset that gives you a lip butter too, because I had tried and loved Korres lip butter before, and duh, it was freeeee! But they only offer the set for the Philia Rose (warm pink) color, which, luckily, was exactly the one I wanted. It comes with Jasmine lip butter, which is a sheer pink/nude and has a really nice texture. Buttery, but not greasy. It's not super-jasminey, it smells more like cookies. It's not a strong/offensive/fake smell though. The set is an online exclusive, and considering you get a blush and a balm for $25, I think it's a pretty good deal.  Or as they say "A $37 value."

As promised, the color of the blush is really flattering and natural looking. There is not one single sparkle. I wish it blended a little more easily, but for a cream blush, it actually blends really well. I do sort of a pat-pat-pat thing to deposit the color where I want, and then blend from there. I just use my fingers, but you could use a brush if you wanted to get fancy. Just don’t apply a bunch in one spot and then try to blend it out from there, unless you want to look like you’re wearing too much rouge. Or any rouge.

Both butters are moisturizing, so maybe the cheek stuff is not the best for oily skin, unless you set it with powder. Without powder, you get a glowy, dewy effect that is pretty awesome. It’s definitely great for a natural look, and has become a go-to for my "5-minute face", which is the face I do the most often, sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment