November 10, 2011

Glowing Review: Color Change Two



The next color-changing product this week is a little less dramatic than the nail polish, but has a much more dramatic name: Smashbox O-GLOW.
I got this as a sample, and I’m kind of thrilled because A. I love it and B. It’s the same size as my sample of Dr. Jart+ Beauty Balm. Since I have a sample size Buxom Mascara too, I am well on my way to making a miniature beauty essentials kit of all my favorites. And then, I'll take it on a trip somewhere!!! (I think the 3oz rule has made me mad for miniatures.)

O-Glow is a gel cheek color that starts out clear, but changes to pink as soon as it touches your skin. They say it adjusts to the color you blush naturally, and in my experience it does. The color is really nice, very “pretty,” and who doesn’t want to be pretty? It’s a sheer, rosy, pink, just like they say. It’s buildable, so you should go slowly and add more if needed. And remember, it’s the color you would blush naturally, not WHERE you would blush naturally. That part is up to you, so be careful where you put it unless you want to look like a beet. We’re going for blush not flush.
O-Glow is not a new product, it’s been around for a while but I never tried it. I always imagined it to be a sticky hot pink gel that would be hard to blend, like a combination of Depp and Benetint. It’s so not though.
The gel is silky and blends very easily, though you should start out with just a tiny bit. I put a smaller-than-a-pea size drop on my middle finger, touch my two middle fingers together to get an even amount of product on each, and then rub them on the apples of my cheeks in circles After I get some color going there (it only takes a few seconds) I blend what’s left on my fingers up along my cheekbones. It’s super fast and super easy, and it seems like the color lasts all day. I’ve been using it for about two weeks now and it makes me happy every time.
It’s not sticky or shiny in the least, which is more than I can say for the Tarte Lip and Cheek Stain, which I love, but it can be a little sticky and shiny. It kind of works in the summer though, when everything is sticky and shiny anyway.
Despite needing to react to your skin, this works over tinted moisturizer. (Magic? Science?) I’ve been using it with my beloved BB Cream. If your skin is looking pretty good in general but you want a little color, O-Glow works great by itself too. It’s like secret makeup that makes you look like you’re naturally awesome. (You so are.)
The real test though, is would I buy it? Ha. I already did.

No comments:

Post a Comment