November 29, 2011

Black Friday Fail

Did anyone score any goodies at the Sephora 10 for $10 Black Friday sale? I tried at 11am and everything was already sold out. I just didn't think of it when I first woke up, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway. According to their facebook page, it was Missoni-level mayhem. The site went to shit, and everything was sold out early in the morning. Out of curiosity, I just checked eBay and the Buxom set I wanted is on there several times (with zero bids). Guess what, eBay Scalpers: The mascara is not limited edition, the eyeliner is not limited edition, the only thing that is limited is the number of boxes containing both. Why would anyone pay full price (or more) for them on eBay? Sigh* People can really be idiots.

What sucks is, I couldn't sleep Thanksgiving night and didn't think to hop on my phone and do a little shopping, apparently the sale started at midnight. Anyway, I got a whole lot of nothing. Comment below if you had better luck than me!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, girl! I didn't mess with this after trying the website a little after midnight, west coast time. From my iPad. In bed. The site was already all jacked, and didnt see anything I was that crazy for. If they'd had Tom Ford VIolet Blonde for ten bucks, I'd have faced the pepper sprayed mayhem. The Buxum deal seemed the best, but I have three full size mascaras and about 900 sample sizes, so I basically said "screw it" as I laid in bed that night. But some girlfriends and I did get our makeup done at Blush Beauty Bar, this local place in portland. I asked for a "bold cheek" look, which has always terrified me. You better believe I bought that red cheek stain in gorgeous art nouveau packaging that I'd never heard of before. Plus, zoya's "charisma" nail polish, which is this craymazing fuchsia. I know this isn't what you asked for, but that's my Black Friday story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the online crush isn't as bad as going in person, and we can all be frustrated at home alone. Still, I agree, I'm kind of over all of it.

    I just looked up that Zoya color. It is pretty crazymazing! There is a Zoya polish I have been coveting when I see the ads but I keep not knowing what it is. It might be Jem? It does seem truly outrageous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that wacky polish, but feel like I can only wear all black with it. It's a weekend polish, for sure. But then, I wore it al chipped to work on Monday and didn't care too much. Because, well, I guess there's more to worry about. Especially in my line of work, which is just one small reason why I am addicted to nail polish and make up. Heh. Ah, well. There are worse addictions. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You're wearing a lot of tattoos today!" is one of my favorite things I've ever heard of a kid saying.

    And yes, at least being addicted to nail polish is cheaper than being addicted to shoes. Or drugs.

    ReplyDelete