November 14, 2011

Dr. LeWinn: All Up In Your Face


Dr. LeWinn by Kinerase is another product line I’ve been trying out for BzzAgent. They sent me full size tubes of their Under Eye Recovery treatment and Wrinkle Repair Daily Lotion SPF 30. (But I don’t get paid for endorsing or not-endorsing the products.) I’ve been using the two products for three weeks now. Eye cream in the morning and at night, and the SPF cream just during the day.

You might have heard of Kinerase, used by celebrities such as Jennifer Aniston, Sheryl Crow, Debra Messing, and other people who can afford $100+ face cream. Basically, the Dr. Lewinn by Kinerase line is for the rest of us. Like Missoni for Target except without the craziness and with MUCH higher quality.

“Dr. LeWinn by Kinerase was created to bring prestige products with clinical strength kinetin and potent cosmeceutical ingredients (typically found in prestige brands) to mass and drugstores for the first time, making effective, quality anti-aging products accessible to everyone.” That’s their main marketing message. I would have maybe only used the word “prestige” one time, but I guess they wanted to make sure you didn’t miss it. Just so you know: PRESTIGE.

The big thing about kinetin (the plant-derived, not-so-secret ingredient) is that it reduces signs of aging without exfoliating or forcing cell turn over. So it won’t cause irritation. They say it’s ideal for even the most sensitive skin. My skin is not particularly sensitive, so I can’t really judge, but it seems gentle enough.

The eye cream is fine, the texture is nice, no smell, no burning, at least not after that one time, which sucked. The first time I used it, I think I put on too much. Then when I rubbed my eye later, I ended up getting some residual cream in it and it burned. A lot. After that, I used a smaller amount of cream and never had a problem.

They asked me to take before and after photos of my eyes, and I did, but I’m not sharing them because A. I look like I have a lazy eye and B. The before and after shots look exactly the same. According to the Bzz Kit, I was supposed to use it for two weeks to see results. To give it a little more time, I used the products consistently for three weeks, but I didn’t notice a difference in the dark circles or fine lines around my eyes.

Frankly, I was not too surprised.

A few years ago, my dermatologist told me that nothing will ever work for dark circles (greeeaaat) and I should just use whatever I like. She also refers to the decorative fountain in her office as “The Piss Machine.” She’s pretty no-nonsense. I love her.

I’m really happy with the face cream, not only for what it does, but for what it DOESN’T do. It doesn’t make me break out, and I have not gotten a single new milium since I’ve been using it. In fact, I may have had less clogged pores in general. The cream is on the thick side, smells ever-so-slightly of sunscreen, and absorbs easily.

Has it softened my lines, and made my skin more bright and vibrant— as promised? Not obviously so on the lines, maybe a little on the brightening, but it’s only been three weeks. Has it made my skin feel soft and hydrated—as also promised? Yes. And without giving me zits! Which is VERY IMPORTANT.

Dr. LeWinn by Kinerase products are available at Walmart, Walgreens, and Duane Reade. Prices range from $10-$35. I don’t think I would buy the eye cream, unless it finally gives me some results. (If it does, I’ll let you know.) I’ll certainly keep using the tube I have. I would definitely buy the day cream. It seems really high quality, and it’s a lot cheaper than the Murad anti-aging moisturizer I had been using. (Like TWENTY DOLLARS cheaper!!!) I would also be interested in checking out some of their other products. The Lift & Resculpt Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream just won a “Defy Your Age” Beauty Award from Prevention Magazine for Best Eye Cream. In fact, they have a bunch of “Lift & Resculpt” products that are intriguing. And I AM running out of my face washing stuff. Hmm. Dr.LeWinn may have a new fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment