October 25, 2011

The Bzz



Do you like trying stuff that’s new and/or free? MEEE TOOOO! A long time ago (2006), I became a Bzz Agent, and since then, they’ve been sending me free stuff and I’ve been sending them my opinion of it.

Bzzagent.com is a word-of-mouth marketing company. They send you the product, you try it, you tell your friends, you report back. It’s not your job to sell stuff, or convince anyone to buy anything. It’s just your job to talk about it. Good or bad.

When you join, you fill out a survey to let them know what kinds of campaigns you’re interested in, and they’ll email you when one comes up. Mine are mostly health/beauty and food. You don’t really start out on the best campaigns, but it’s easy to gain status as an agent, which gets you “early invites”, and allows you to join campaigns before they fill up. One time they sent me a Sonicare toothbrush! That was a pretty awesome one. Another recent offer was for Black Box wine, which I declined because they wanted me to host a wine tasting party for 20 friends. They said they would send plastic cups and napkins, and 50% off coupons for Black Box, but I decided I didn’t want to get involved in all that. Sorry, friends!

I don’t think I’ve “bzzed” (buzzed) about anything here on the blog, because to be honest, they hadn’t sent me anything good in awhile. They just didn’t have any campaigns I was interested in joining. For the record, anytime I get anything for free, I make it clear in my post. Plus, the first rule of BzzAgent is that you DO talk about BzzAgent.

Anyway, like I said, there weren’t really any good campaigns to join in awhile, but then all of a sudden, it got awesome. I recently joined the Fekkai campaign and the Dr. Lewinn by Kinerase campaign. I got free full sized bottles of Glossing Shampoo and Glossing Conditioner, a full size Wrinkle Repair Daily Lotion, and a full size Under Eye Recovery treatment, plus samples and coupons to share with my friends. In return, I have to share the samples with my friends, tell them what I think of the products (my HONEST opinion) and then write up a short report (like, a paragraph) and fill out a questionnaire on bzzagent.com. I have the option for my report to be shared with the other agents, or to be kept private. After the report is reviewed and approved, I get points at mypoints.com (Which is it’s own thing. You don’t need to be a Bzz Agent to get points for shopping through their site, and points are redeemable for gift cards! You should check it out.)

They recently started pushing for agents to bzz on facebook, but I don’t do that. You don’t have to, and I prefer to keep that separate. I will, however, tell you guys here on the blog what I think about the new shampoo and lotion, because that is what I do!

Anyway, if you’re interested, it’s a free to join and then they send you coupons and free stuff. They don’t sell your info or anything. It’s all is based on sharing honest opinions, and I have no shortage of those so it’s pretty easy for me, BzzAgent Punkahontas.

No comments:

Post a Comment