October 11, 2011

October Birch Box


October Birch Box has arrived, and I think it’s a pretty good one. Definitely some things I’m looking forward to checking out, and only one “dud” which is probably just a matter of personal taste. Other people might enjoy eating little mints that taste like Pledge.

Befine Lip Serum
Befine products are supposed to be pure enough to eat, which seems like a really good idea for a product you’re going to put on your lips. When I looked up the ingredients there were a lot of chemically words I didn’t know, though maybe they are “plant-derived” or something. The label advertises “Chamomile & Beets.” Okay…

Blinc Mascara
Paige, a reader and frequent commenter, (Get on it, the rest of you!) recently mentioned this mascara in the comments section of the Beautenizing mascara post. I’m interested in checking this out, even though Paige wasn’t really a fan. It’s the tube kind of mascara, which Paige loves, but I am on the fence about. Since I have it though, I’ll see what’s up and get back to you.

Pangea Organics Japanese Matcha Tea Facial Mask
I’m pretty much always up for trying a mask, and my skin is not in the greatest shape right now so it’s probably a good time for one. The description on the tube says “Do everything. All at once.” Which is basically something I’m ALWAYS trying to do! They certainly hooked me with that line. This mask is supposed to deep-cleanse, detox, exfoliate, tone, hydrate, stimulate collagen, prevent wrinkles, nourish, protect, and balance. If it really does all that, I will be SO PSYCHED. Also, the people at Birch Box say if I use it once a week, I won't even need makeup, so I  guess this blog is over. Bye! (JK!)

Orofluido Beauty Elixer
I’m really excited to try this hair treatment. First of all, my hair has been feeling a little weak lately and I have a lot of flyaways. Second, this stuff smells really REALLY good. Vanilla Amber. Mmmmm.

Tea Forté Minteas
These mints are infused with yerba mate and cocoa, but they are also made with a bunch of fake sugars. The flavor I received was Lime Mojito, which is meant to “support your body’s defenses with the preventative antioxidents found in the sunny citrus of lemons and limes.” I find that a little hard to swallow, and I also find the flavor to be a lot "yucky."

2 comments:

  1. On a relatively unrelated note, have you tried Dior Addict Lip Glow Balm, or whatever it's actually called? I sweet talked my way in to a sample at Sephora, and I'm really liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO! I heard about it but didn't feel like dropping the cash. Do you think it's worth it? I'm wondering if my Sephora has samples...

    ReplyDelete