October 3, 2011

Eye Don't Even KNOW.


I have some new reviews coming up for you, but I just need to show you ONE MORE crazy thing you can stick to your face: Fake eyelashes with silhouetted images!

We’ve all seen the feathers and the jewels and the bright colors. I’ve heard Madonna even wears false lashes made of mink! But this idea really takes it to another level. Paperself makes false lashes “inspired by the art of Chinese paper-cutting.”

Now you can get fake eyelashes with deer and butterfly shapes in them. (I know you’ve been trying to find that exact thing! That’s why I had to tell you RIGHT AWAY.) Each pattern has a symbolic meaning. Deer & Butterfly means “free, beautiful, and sensitive”, Peacock means “auspicious and lucky days”, Peach Blossoms mean “love is coming” and Under The Sea means “secret treasure.” It is also a catchy song from The Little Mermaid and a common prom theme.

The effect, to no one’s surprise, is truly, truly, truly outrageous. You can also cut them into little pieces if you want to tone it down and have just a “truly outrageous” look.


I mean, these things are pretty wild, but I guess you might as well? If you feel like it? This may be the perfect finishing touch to your Halloween costume, or maybe you have the kind of life where you need eyelashes shaped like horses. Which is probably a REALLY interesting life! Go YOU!

5 comments:

  1. It seems to be nice when you're close to the wearer, but from far it might look like a big mess!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point! I feel like they would be tickling me too! But then, I'm not someone who wears big eyelashes to begin with. I get the Sonia Kashuk Demi Lashes from Target, and that's about as dramatic as I need to be.

    I think these are for a very special kind of person on a very special occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I'm strongly considering dropping the money to wear them with my sugar-skull face-paint for D.D.L.M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm strongly considering wearing these to my next job interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ERF: I will give you ONE DOLLAR if you do it. (Pix or it didn't happen.)

    JO: Do it!!! That's a great idea. Take a picture and do a guest post for us about your experience!

    ReplyDelete