September 30, 2011

The Future of Makeup?


Hey Everyone! I found something to wear with your eyeliner appliqués! Lip Tattoos!

At $10-15 for three sets of lips, they’re a little more within reach than the crazy, and crazy expensive, eyeliner appliqués from Dior. I haven’t tried them yet since I just found out about them, but I had to tell you right away, because: WHAT?! Lip Tattoos? Not only is the description kind of intense, but the brand is called Violent Lips. O-kay!

The glitter ones (Glitterati) are actually kind of cool looking, though I can’t imagine how it feels to have them stuck to your lips. And what if you, like, ate some chicken wings or something? The reviewers on Sephora.com seem pretty excited about them, and say they are long-wearing, so I could see trying them for a special (crazy) occasion. I like the red ones because they remind me of the amazing Crazy Horse show I went to see in Paris. If I get them, I will probably wear one set around the house first though, just to make sure they’re not weird. They could DEFINITELY be weird.

Dig a little deeper into the world of Violent Lips (such as, visiting their website) and you’ll find it gets even weirder. Animal prints! Fishnets! Flags! Breast Cancer Ribbons! Roses! Words! I’m not even kidding! My favorite part is the picture of the girl with pink cheetah lips and the headline “MAKE HIM PURR”. As if there is any guy in the whole entire world that would want to kiss pink plasticky looking cheetah print lips, even if they were on Angelina Jolie or whoever. I’m sorry, but that design just looks like a disease! (JK! I’m not sorry. I'm right.)


I think the very best look would be if you got animal print lip tattoos, and coordinated it with some animal print instant-eye-shadow, AND animal print nail stickers. Then you would be even awesomer! RAWR!


OR: Whatever a zebra says!


Hahaha. Ohhh NOOOOO! Wait! I just saw the denim ones. AHHHHHHHHH! Oh, these things are hilarious. Now I found some printed with jimmies (aka “sprinkles”). It just keeps getting better!!! What if you had a party and everyone had to wear a pair of these and a costume to match? Your friends would hate you! But it would be so funny and so weird, and people would talk about it FOREVER.

On a "serious" note, there is also a very informative tutorial on the site, by two girls who seem pretty and nice. It’s not funny, but it is useful if you are interested in trying lip tattoos. It explains how to put them on, and equally important, how to get them OFF.

Do you think some day, there will just be one big sticker we can put on our whole face? We seem to be headed that way. Big face stickers that would have full makeup and fill in all our pores and wrinkles too. Maybe there could be a heat lamp to sort of shrink-wrap it on, and we would all come out looking like Barbie.

4 comments:

  1. It's just really not that hard to reapply regular old lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But what if you want your lips to look like rainbow sprinkles? Or JEANS? hahahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that is really stupid to get those just sayin and what if you take them off and it takes your skin off of your lips ahhh! scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. I don't think it will take the skin off, but it doesn't make them less scary!

    ReplyDelete