September 14, 2011

New Shoes: Breaking Ground That Maybe Shouldn't Have Been Broken


If this is the future of shoe design, my bank account will be very, very happy. 
But I will be very, very sad.

"What I'm looking for, is a boring, office-lady loafer. But with a CRAZY platform in the front, and then a super high heel in the back. No, NO! Not one big platform, that's been done. A regular heel in the back, but GIANT. Therrrre you go! Perfect!"


"So let's go with a regular old oxford wedge, but make the wedge wooden. And then like, hollow it out. And hey, why not just hollow the whole middle of the shoe out too? It's giving arch-support by NOT giving arch support. The arch is supporting itself. It's like, conceptual."


Oh, God. Where to begin? I don't even know.


"The problem is, my legs are always cold, but my FEET are always hot."


"What if we made a pimp-boot, that is ALSO a slingback mule? And made the heel out of a birdhouse?"

If you HAD to wear one of the above, which one would it be? I think I would pick the second one, the "concept" shoe. All of the above are by Jeffrey Campbell and available at Urban Outfitters if you like any of them, which is totally fine.  We won't judge you. I don't generally like to make fun of stuff (on my blog), but sometimes it's like... SERIOUSLY?! I don't know, maybe they look better on?

6 comments:

  1. "Maybe they look better on?"

    On their way into the dumpster? That I could see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!!! I wish my comment section had "like" buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeffrey Campbell has a LOT of 'splainin to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SRSLY! I feel like I shouldn't talk shit until I've walked a mile in his shoes, but there is NO mile-walking in any of those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don't even need to say anything... your sad attempts at insulting one of the most innovative shoe designers out there is pretty pathetic. Get a life and maybe some style.

    ReplyDelete