September 15, 2011

September Birchbox


I just got my September Birchbox! On September 13th! Which is exciting, but leads me to believe they just send it out whenever they feel like it.

Incoco Nail Polish Appliqué
Light blue glitter nail thingies! These seem to be exactly like the Sally Hanson ones, which I am definitely a fan of. If these were by Sally Hanson they would be called Blue Ice, but since they are by Incoco they are called… something else. I haven’t been able to find them on the Incoco site, but what I DID find on the Incoco site is that they have way more patterns and colors than Sally Hanson does. Including glitter animal prints. (!!!) And some of them are also cheaper. I would say, without a doubt, Incoco has “brung it."

Jouer Lip Enhancer 
This is one of those tiny tiny squeezy lip balm samples that are SO cute. It says it will “hydrate, plump, and condition, all in one go.” Okay, it is applied and I’m waiting. GO! Checking back later: It seems fine and dandy as a lip balm, but I looked up the ingredients and I prefer my lip stuff (and most stuff) to have more natural ingredients. I did not notice any plumping either, which might have been an acceptable tradeoff for the chemicals.

Liv Grn Earth Eau de Parfum
I would like to buy a vowel, please. I have to tell you, I’m always a little disappointed when I get perfume or, shall I say “parfum,” samples in my Birchbox. I just feel like they’re a throwaway. This one is “eco-friendly” but doesn’t smell very earthy or natural. Though they say the scent is “sultry”, it seems super sweet to me. It smells, I don’t know, like teenagers? Pass.

Pagea Organics Facial Cream
This is all-natural facial cream with Nigerian Ginger, Lavender and Thyme. It’s funny that I was complaining about the earth perfume smelling too fake, because this smells too natural. Yes, I agree: I AM hard to please! Oh well! This stuff kind of smells like an Aveda store, which is not bad, but it’s not really what I want to put on my face, where my nose lives. I will say the scent dissipates fairly quickly though, and if you like natural stuff that smells like it was made for/by hippies, then by all means, go for it. Pangea seems like a really good company.

Birchbox Friendship Bracelet
The friendship bracelet was included to celebrate Birchbox’s first birthday. They say to wear it as a reminder that there is beauty in discovery, and delight in anticipation. I will probably not remember any of that, but it’s kind of cute anyway: A pink string tied to a silver square. It’s their logo, but not obviously so.

Overall, I'd say it's a pretty good Birchbox this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment