November 16, 2011

November Birchbox


I was getting ready to give up on my November Birchbox. I was sure it had been lost or stolen, but finally, it arrived on Monday afternoon. I don’t know why I’m not used to the idea that they arrive in the middle of the month by now.

Borghese Fango Ristoativo Restorative Hydrating Mud
Mud mask! I look forward to trying this once the heat really kicks in and I’m all dried out this winter. It's meant to be very hydrating. I hope it restores my fangs too.

Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial
You KNOW how I feel about getting perfume samples in these things. I sprayed this on my wrist and then had to wash it off. It was too intense! Then I took it in the other room and sprayed it on a BRC that had fallen out of the latest issue of Elle. It set off the air purifyer! Haha. It’s actually not a bad fragrance, but it’s strong. I think it has too much patchouli for me. It also seems a tad on the “mature” side.

Thymes Eucalyptus Body Lotion
This smells like it’s for boys, but is otherwise okay. Paraben free!

Thymes Kimono Rose Body Lotion
They sent a little packet of this along with the small bottle of the Eucalyptus. I guess this is the girl version? It DOES say “Feminitity, Redefined” on it. And it smells about as  girly as it gets! But in a good way. I am not really into "rose" scent, but this does not smell strongly of roses. Maybe it's the kimonos I'm smelling. Personally, I don't really like scented body lotion, but this one could take the place of perfume.

Zoya Nail Polish in Sooki
They already sent me a Zoya nail polish in a different shade, but this is a much better color so: yay! Gotta love a red nail in autumn! (Or anytime.)

Two Paper Dolls Ampersand Coasters
These are nice. I like type. I like letterpress. I like coasters (I guess?) But there is not a single ampersand printed on these, so I’m not sure why they called them that. Maybe it’s because it’s a coaster AND a promotional item? That would make sense, because the back of the coaster is pretty much an ad for this company, with not one, but TWO calls-to-action. I think that’s a little bit tacky.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment