November 11, 2011

Color Change Glows On


Hmm. Well, it seems like I could have dedicated a week to glowing instead of changing colors, because our final product for the week has Glow in the name too. Dior Addict Lip Glow.

First of all: The tube. The TUBE! It looks like something a princess would have. It’s so crystaly and pale and pink! Plus it has a little silver knob at the end. I don’t know why that’s princessy but it is. I guess because it makes the tube look like a tiny vial of magic potion?


You pull the knob to slide out the lip balm, which is more traditionally tube-shaped, or "cylindrical," than the outer tube, which has corners. "Squarindrical," if you will. (No, don’t.) But the best part is the tube and product are angled at the tip. It’s elegant and it kind of elevates the whole thing from “oooh faaannncy” to upscale. So basically, before you even use this stuff, you’re having an experience.

It feels nice when you apply it, not “OMG WHAT IS THIS IT’S AMAZING!?” like Fresh Sugar Rosébut nice. No flavor. It feels good once you have it on too, moisturizing, not thick or waxy. (It better not be, for that price!)

Just like O-Glow, this goes on clear, for the most part, then develops into a very lovely pink. Also like O-Glow, it reacts with your skin to give you a color that is “uniquely yours”. The color, uniquely mine or not, is really nice. Applying extra layers increases the intensity of the color, but it refuses to go past what is tasteful. Almost secretly, it has the slightest shimmer to it. You might not even notice except that your lips look a little more full. It just gives some dimension.

It’s called a “color reviver balm” but I’m not really sure why. I wondered if it would bring the same pink color to somewhere that is normally not pink at all, so I swiped it on my inner arm. It barely showed up, just the sheerest whisper of pink shimmer. The shimmer shows up way more on a flat surface, it’s actually how I found out there was even shimmer in there.

One thing to be careful of: If you have a little foundation or tinted moisturizer on your lips, and apply this on top, you’ll end up with a frosty pink look, like Miss Tigani, my third grade teacher. Even if you don’t know her, trust me. That look is not recommended.

The other night, I caught a glimpse of myself in the brightly lit bathroom mirror. I was in my jammies and glasses but I looked GOOD. I did a double take. Why did I look so good? Vitamins? Haha. I WISH! Then I remembered I was wearing Beauty Balm,O-GLOW,and Lip Glow. AND Mascaratoo, the mascara is what gave it away. I forgot I had makeup on and tricked MYSELF into thinking I just naturally looked that good. I was kind of sad to wash my face.

Then I had coffee with a friend this morning and she told me I looked really great. This time I wasn't wearing mascara, but I had on the three other products. I confessed the products I was wearing, but she really had a hard time believing it wasn't natural. As for the rest of the world,  I am more than happy to let them think I just wake up looking this way.

Special thanks to reader ERFETTE for recommending this product!

3 comments:

  1. I got this recently and love it! My lips are definitely more moisturized in general. I think it has a slight peppermint taste? Also, you're funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just saw that little shout out! I had forgotten my previous comment. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Thanks again! And thanks, as always, for commenting!

    ReplyDelete