September 28, 2012

Naked Too



I finally broke down and bought the Urban Decay Naked2eyeshadow palette. I’d been coveting it for months, but I had the original Naked Palette so I didn’t really need another one, even if the colors were a little different. Plus, conveniently, the little month indicator had worn off the velvet case, so I could play dumb about wether or not it was “expired.”

Except then I realized it was about two years old and that’s pretty old for any makeup, especially stuff that goes on your eyes. I knew I had to retire the Naked palette, even though I loved it. Buying Naked2 really softened the blow though! The original Naked palette is still available, but I figured I would try something new, since Naked2 looked even better.

The first, and most practical, thing about Naked2 is that it’s in a metal case that snaps closed, instead of a velvet covered cardboard case with a half-assed magnet. Travel friendly! The second most practical thing is the mirror inside is more than twice the size of the original, AND more magnifying. Both help make it actually usable, instead of dumb. The third, and perhaps less-practical thing, is that it comes with a double-sided eyeshadow brush, while Naked comes with a double-sided eyeliner. I guess that’s a toss up, really. You’re going to need both eyeliner and shadow brushes when you’re doing your eye makeup. I need more than one double-sided brush though, for sure. I guess I could always stick an eyeliner in the brush spot since I'm going to have to pack my my brushes separately anyway.

Naked comes with a little thing of eye shadow primer next to it. Naked2 comes with a tiny Lip Junkie lip gloss, in a shade also called Naked, that is super subtle, but pretty and plumping. However, I wouldn’t go out and buy this color unless you want a gloss that is as colorless as possible without being crystal clear.

Now to the colors! The beautiful colors! The thing about palettes is a lot of times you end up with a bunch of colors you will never ever use. But the thing about the Naked palettes is that all of the colors are super easy to wear, because they are all neutrals. Glammy neutrals! Naked2 is “a dozen pigment-rich taupe and gray-beige neutrals.” The original Naked was a bit more on the bronze side. All the colors are definitely neutral, but far from boring.

Both palettes have a matte and shimmer shadows, but Naked2 has matte black and a matte nude called “Foxy” which are two things I find to be very useful. Matte black is great for setting black eyeliner (esp at the waterline) and matte nude is good for blending out other colors or using as a base to make your smudgy eyeliner smudge more easily.

Naked2 definitely wins for practicality, and I like the shadows better too. There are seriously so many great colors in here! My favorite is either Chopper, Suspect, Pistol or Verve. Or YDK. Or Busted. But the others are nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment