September 24, 2012

Bespectacled

Warby Parker has a new collection for fall!

Wow. So, it’s FALL, for reals, officially. I went outside in a sweatshirt and jeans today and I was still a little chilly! But that’s okay, because I love the change of seasons, and I was really starting to get sick of the heat and humidity. We’ve been treated to some truly gorgeous days this September.

I love fall fashion, I love fall foods, I love Halloween, and then Thanksgiving and Christmas and fondue and snow.

But.

One thing I don’t like about the colder seasons is that part of the deal is darkness. It’s already starting to get darker earlier, and we haven’t even set the clocks back yet. We don’t have to change the clocks until November 4th this year, so we still have time before it gets real dark real quick, but I’m already thinking about it.

I just feel less safe when it gets dark early, and part of it has to do with not being able to see well. I mean, yeah, it’s dark, you can’t see, that’s how it works, right? But also, my particular eyeballs don’t see well in the dark. Plus, I can’t see far (which keeps getting nearer) so I have glasses for when I need to see things that are more than 8-10 feet away clearly. But in general, I don’t wear them because most of the time I can deal with the stuff in the distance being in soft focus. Since I have astigmatism and my rx is light, it’s totally not worth it to get contacts.

But when it’s dark out, I really can’t see that well at all. And while NYC is still the safest big city in the US (according to Bloomberg) I still like to know what’s going on around me when I’m walking down the street. I usually bring my glasses so I can at least wear them home at night.

It’s not that I don’t like my glasses, they’re fine, but nighttime is when I can do it up with eyemakeup, so I don’t want to hide that with glasses. Also, sometimes it just seems like too much. Today, I came across this eye makeup tutorial specifically for lasses who wear glasses, and thought I’d share. I had it embedded, but it started playing automatically and wouldn't let me pause, so it was SUPER ANNOYING while trying to read the post. And I don't know enough about coding to make it not do that. So just click on the link, and watch at your leisure.


Warby Parker has a new collection for fall, I "borrowed" the main image from their website so I should at least give them a shoutout!

3 comments:

  1. hm, when i click the video it's not working :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! It worked for me. Maybe try this one instead?

      http://www.refinery29.com/makeup-for-girls-who-wear-glasses

      Delete
    2. (You'll have to copy and paste though.)

      Delete