September 19, 2012

September Birchbox


Fall Fashion Issues are such "a thing", that they’re the inspiration for this month’s Birchbox. There is even a tiny magazine inside, The Fall Lookbook. It features the Birchbox staffers modeling some of their favorite fall beauty trends, plus a few how-to’s. It’s cute, if a little catalogy.

Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel
A nice size bottle of preservative-free cleanser.

Color Club Birchbox Custom Polish
This is a shade made just for Birchbox, inspired by the fall collections. It’s called Put a Pin In It, and it’s a coppery, silvery, pinkish metallic with a lot of sparkle. It’s pretty! Like a really blinged out neutral. Color Club should consider updating their logo though. It's about as 80s as their name.

Dr Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm Spf 25
I have never heard of this product and have nothing to say about it.
(Can't resist a Squee! for the tiny tube.)

La Fresh Instant Body Soother (x2!)
This, apparently, is a wipe you can rub onto your temples, shoulder, neck, legs or wherever you feel fatigued or tense, to feel a soothing, cooling sensation. AND! A sense of happy well-being. They say silky-smooth skin and a pleasant aroma are extra bonuses, and do not flush. I assume they mean the body soother wipe.

Twistband Birchbox Custom Lace Hair Tie

A white twistband printed with red lace. I do enjoy twistbands, though I can’t say I’d wear this one in public. Once you twist it into your hair, it looks kind of like a rag or a random scrap of fabric, which is not really my look. I wish they made it black and a color instead of white and a color.

The Brush Guard Variety Kit
I wrote about these awhile back, and I can tell you I really like them. They are little stretchy coverings that you slide over your makeup brushes to protect the bristles when you’re “on the go.” They gave me three.

Birchbox Digital Download

Tristan Prettyman. Meh. I didn't bother.

At the very bottom of the box there is a postcard with a $25 off coupon for Madewell if you spend $75 or more. This is awesome because just yesterday I ordered two dresses from Madewell and didn’t use the coupon because I didn’t see it in there.

I can't believe I've already written about three of these products, and I did it, like, ages ago. Oh well, I DO try to stay up on things! 

Sign up for your own Birchbox here!

No comments:

Post a Comment