March 8, 2011

A Rosé for Your Tulips


I had been eyeing Fresh’s Sugar Rosé Lip Treatment for quite some time before finally taking it home. It was always there with the other impulse buys, in the checkout line at Sephora, looking pretty and smelling amazing in it’s lovely metallic lavender tube. But $22.50 (plus tax) for lip balm? I was in the store to return something when I finally pulled the trigger. Since it was an “exchange” it wasn’t really like spending the money.
I applied it the moment I left the store, and instantly understood the expense. This stuff is FANCY! It felt amazing! Luxurious! Indulgent! It made my old standby, Burt’s Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm, seem like plain-flavor Chapstick.
 It gives the tiniest tint of rosey pink to the lips. The scent is sweet, but not cloying.  There isn’t really a flavor, but it seems like there is because the scent is so delicious. And the texture, wow. Well the texture is what makes it all worthwhile. It’s… plush.
Since the product is very soft, it’s a little wobbly in the tube.  You really have to be careful and only roll it up a little bit at a time. Also, because it’s soft, it runs out faster than your average stick. When my first tube started to run out, I decided to try the original flavor Sugar Lip Treatment, which is more lemony. It didn’t have the same magical texture, so I exchanged it for another Sugar Rosé. There is also Sugar Plum, which I have not tried because the scent is not quite as appealing to me. They recently came out with a Sugar Lip Treatment Duo, with two smaller sized tubes of the balm in original and Rosé. For some reason, I’m a sucker for small sizes of things, so when my second tube of Rosé ran out, I tried the duo. Unfortunately, using a smaller tube just doesn’t feel as luxurious as the big one. It seems more like primly dabbing your lips, instead of enveloping them in silky delicousness. Now I really want to buy another full-size tube.
Ultimately, while $22.50 seems like a lot to pay for lip stuff, it’s something that I can carry around with me and gives me joy every single time I apply it. Totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment