March 11, 2011

It sounds French, so it MUST BE fancy!



Yesterday I explained how investing in a good quality flat iron changed my life. Today, a smaller investment, but no less life changing: Seche Vite Dry Fast Topcoat. If you’re like me, or my mom, or most of my fellow New Yorkers, you’re impatient and have ruined quite a few manicures by not waiting long enough for them to dry. But they seemed dry! But they weren’t dry, were they? And now your manicure has dents/ fingerprints/a piece of lint stuck in it or is totally scraped off in one spot and you just wasted a bunch of time, and possibly $10-20.

I had been happily using Essie’s Good-To-Go topcoat, when my sister-in-law told me about Seche Vite. She had a cute story about sitting in church and being fascinated by the phenomenal shininess of a nearby woman’s nails. She said they looked wet, and she had an incredible urge to touch them. She told me Seche Vite not only dries nails fast, but also gives them that super high gloss look. Of course I had to give it a try, and found it at my un-friendly neighborhood drugstore for $9. If you can't find it at a store near you, hit the internets.
You may have already heard about this product, because according to their website it is “widely acknowledged as the world's finest top coat. “ And I’ve only been using it for a year! Where have I BEEN? Actually, I think I had seen it in magazines, but never heard a good reason to try it.
I only wish I had tried it sooner. This stuff is unbelievable. You apply it right after the last coat of your color. It’s a bit thick, but goes on easily. It’s “specially formulated” to penetrate through all the layers of polish, creating a really durable coating with a glass-like finish. And yes, it does dry fast. It dries like the wind!!! (Ha. Literally.) The dry time really depends on how much nail polish you applied in the first place, and you’ll need to get a feel for it, but you will be amazed by how fast this stuff works.  I’d say you could do some light blogging immediately afterward, but give it a little while before you try to yank up a tight pair of jeans.
Whenever I get a mani/pedi, I bring my own color to the nail salon so I can touch up if I get a chip. Now I bring my own topcoat as well, which saves me from having to sit under the dryer for such a long time, and, gives me a lot more flexibility with my post-mani errands. If you use this topcoat AND sit under the dryer for the normal amount of time, you will be able to dig your keys from the deepest recesses of your purse without worry. In fact, I just wrote them a new tagline  “Seche Vite: One less thing to worry about.”

3 comments:

  1. This topcoat sounds fantastic. I've also heard about OPI drying drops, but I've never had the chance to try it. Anyway at the moment, my nails are recovering from gel nails I had before moving to Italy. Ugly and painful. I can't wait to have healthy nails again and to paint them red red red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seche vite is the BOMB. starts getting pretty goopy after a few weeks though, so i'd invest in some polish thinner (which you can of course use on all your polishes, and will save you money, for reals)

    ReplyDelete