March 25, 2011

My Favorite Band


You know when there’s something that consistently annoys you, but it’s so small you don’t bother to fix it?
That was happening to me whenever I washed my face. I had been using elastic headbands from the drugstore to hold my hair back, and they just weren't working for me. They were the ones they make for little girls, because I have a little tiny head, so they were pink, lavender, and teal. They were 1” wide, and because I have a serious amount of bangs, my hair always curled over the top and onto my (also little tiny) forehead. Then, the tips of my bangs and my hairline would get wet, and I’d end up with a “There’s Something About Mary” hairdo by the time I took the headband off.

I saw this microfiber headband at Sephora, and figured it was wide enough (3”) to keep my bangs all the way back, and absorbent enough to soak up any stray face-washing splashes. But would it fit my child-size skull? I was thrilled when it did. It has an adjustable Velcro closure, so it will fit regular size heads too. Unless you have a TV-personality size head, you should be fine.
Now I wear this for cleansing, makeup application, eyebrow grooming, etc., and if I don’t want my hair to get wet in the shower, I can wear it under my shower cap to protect my hair around the edges. It has the added benefit of making you look/feel like you’re getting a fancy spa treatment. I just bought a second one, because I ALWAYS forget to throw it in with my whites when I do laundry. Now I’ll have a clean one on deck.
I’m a big believer in eliminating small annoyances and adding little bits of happiness into everyday life. They can be the simplest things, but they really make a difference. Unless, of course, you're life is already perfect...

No comments:

Post a Comment