March 7, 2011

Why Sephora is My BFF




Oh, Sephora. How I love you. Let me count the ways.
I love the way you will always, always let me return anything. No matter how long I’ve had it. No matter how much of it I’ve used. No matter if I have the receipt or not. Unconditional return policies are harder to find than unconditional love.
I love how you will let me sample anything you have, even though I always try it on my hand because I’m pretty sure you have a social disease.
I love how, if I have time to kill, I can spend forever browsing your aisles and using your free tissues, before checking my makeup and my teeth in one of your many well-lit mirrors, and heading off to wherever it is I was going. 
I love how you greeted me at the door on Valentine’s Day, and gave me a pink heart shaped lollipop. Do you know that was the only piece of candy I got for Valentine’s Day? It was.
I love how your Beauty Insider program rewards my loyalty. Especially the recent 500-Point Perk that saved my face and my sanity.
I love that you always give me a present on my birthday. You’re right, I DO need another lip gloss. And some more nail polish. What will it be this year? Bubble bath, I think.
I love your $5.95 flat rate shipping, even though, more often than not, I get the free shipping for spending $50. Free shipping on returns is such a nice thing too. More companies should be like you.
I love the free samples you let me choose with every order, and even better, the special codes for DELUXE samples. Trying new stuff is my favorite! You know me so well!
I love how, that one time, when I was carrying way too much stuff, and my bag was breaking, you sent someone to the storage room to find me the largest, glossiest, black shopping bag, so that I could repack my things and make it home with my dignity, my Tempurpedic pillow, my cupcake trays, my hangers, my dishtowels, my extra-wide  smoothie straws, and my Art Club nail polish. Even though I was only buying a gift card that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment