April 9, 2012

O.K. Coral


Every time Fresh comes out with a new Sugar Lip Treatment, I have to try it to see if it’s as good as my favorite, Sugar Rosé. Neither Original nor Honey won me over; they just didn’t have the same awesome texture as Rosé. Passion and Plum didn’t make it past the color test, in the store, on the back of my hand, so the texture didn’t even matter. Now there is a new member of the Sugar family: Coral.

It’s lovely.

The texture is as nice as Sugar Rosé, and the color is really pretty. It’s a little more red than I expected, but in a good way. It’s flattering and it’s actually pretty close to the color of the tube. (Though, it’s not metallic or shimmery at all.) It’s sheer, but slightly more pigmented than the Rosé. The color is buildable, so you could even wear this as your lip color if you wanted. It would be the perfect shade for a hot summer day. Or, if you’re a big chicken about wearing bold lips, but want to try a little bit of red, this is like training wheels.

Neither Lip Treatment is flavored, but they both smell nice. Coral doesn’t smell quite as good as Rosé. You wouldn’t even notice it unless you smelled the stick on purpose. With Rosé, the scent is part of the experience.

I’m definitely a fan. I like that it has a little more color, and it’s nice to have a warmer tone option for summer. Like the rest of the Sugar Lip Treatment family, this has SPF15, not only good for summer, but for always.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Love your blog. :)

    I'm so excited about this! I have sugar rose, honey, and plum, and have been wishing they'd come out with a peach or coral toned one for ages! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just checked out yours, and I am totally jealous of your Teen Vogue Birchbox. I really should have opted-in for that one. Also, I got the YSL glossy stain last week, which I've been test-driving for an upcoming post!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete