April 2, 2012

March Birchbox


Wow, March really flew by. My Birchbox arrived while I was on vacation and then last week I was writing about travel, so now here we go with the March Birchbox post in April.

The theme for this one is Spring Training. The products are meant to “tackle all our lingering beauty annoyances” which, okaaaay. But I agree with their point about “shaking off everything that’s weighing us down.” I do love me some spring!

Color Club Nail Lacquer in Age of Aquariu
s
A small bottle of “60s inspired” sea green nail polish, which is also very 80s. It's almost exactly the shade of the boom box I had in 7th grade. It’s a fun color, and just the right size, because this is the kind of color that you get tired of way before it runs out. It’s funny; the term “fun size” makes a lot more sense for nail polish than it does for candy bars.

Harvey Prince Yogini
The description talks about “the purifying powers of sandalwood, the age-defying glow of grapefruit, and the sensual warmth of Egyptian myrrh.” The packaging is all light and breezy. I think it smells really old-fashioned. Like something your great-aunt would wear in the seventies. I have to go wash it off RIGHT THIS SECOND. Note to self: Check Birchbox site to see if there is a way to opt-out of perfume samples. Even the people I give them away to don’t want anymore.

Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser
This promises to clear zits without harsh chemicals, which I am all for! It has salicylic acid derived from willow bark, organic fruit acids, and vitamin C, instead of benzyl peroxide, petroleum, parabens, etc. I usually only use blemish clearing stuff when I have pimples, but I’ve been thinking of doing more preventative stuff, so I’m really interested in checking this out. I like that it says it “heals while it hydrates” so I won’t get dried out.

Lulu Organics Lavendar & Clary Sage Hair Powder
Dry shampoo in an adorable package! If they were smart they’d sell these little sample-sized packets so ladies could carry them in their purse and freshen up. (I had a friend who would carry around a full size bottle of Bumble and Bumble Red Hair Powder because her hair would get greasy by the end of the day.) Lulu Organics does make a travel sized can, though it’s not a single-use portion. But it does have boobs on it.

Stila Smokey Eye Card
I’ve gotten one of these before, either from Birchbox or Sephora. The colors are nice, Kitten, Diamond Lil, and Ebony, and I don’t think I actually tried the one I got before, so I’ll check it out this time. I kind of already have eyeshadows in similar colors though.

Tea Forté Skin Smart Teas
Three teabags: Cherry Marzipan for corrective repair, Honey Yuzu for natural renewal, and Cucumber Mint for youth recovery. Wether they work on not, these sound delicious! I bet Cucumber Mint would be really good iced. SPRRIIIIINNNNNGGGGTIIIIIIMMMMME!

I wasn’t that excited when I first opened this Birchbox, but as I went through the products individually, there really are some interesting things in here!

P.S. I washed my wrist with a giant glob of soap and it still smells like Old.

No comments:

Post a Comment