April 25, 2012

April Birchbox


The theme of this month’s Birchbox is Natural Wonders, so everything is pretty fruity and/or natural or, in some cases, neutral.

Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine cologne Absolue
Ugh, Birchbox and the perfume samples! This one came with a postcard with a description of somebody’s breakfast on the back. The front shows a plate of oranges, an espresso, a yoyo, some starfish and shells, a pencil, some driftwood, a paperwight, postcards and newspaper, a tiny cobalt blue bottle, a pastel drawing in progress, something that may or may not be an orange transistor radio, and what definitely appears to be a bottle of fake plastic goldfish and water. I guess that’s what this smells like. And also, orange Pez and dish soap (not shown.)

Marula The Leakey Collection Omega Rich Pure Marula Oil
“Sourced from the rare east African marula fruit,” this oil has shown up to challenge the much-buzzed-about Argan oil, which has been having a good run. Marula Oil claims to have higher levels of antioxidants and omega 9 acid than Argan OR Grapeseed oils. Ultra-hydrating, anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, I sprayed this oil on my wrist because I just assumed it was perfume before reading any of the info. It doesn’t have much of smell, but it made my wrists really soft and smooth. Marula Oil would like you to hold her hoops.

Weleda Pomegranate Firming Night Cream
Weleda is a Swiss brand, and I know it is one of the preferred brands of my Swiss friends, so I would expect this to be good based solely on that. It’s an anti-aging cream with pomegranate, jojoba, and macadamia nut oils, which sounds both effective and delicious. I also like the metal tube it comes in.

Zoya TRUE Spring Collection
They are telling me I should “lighten up for spring with this fresh shade” even though the color actually reminds me of my skin in the dead of winter: light beige. I would have named it “New York Pale,” but they named it “Farah.” Although it may be one shade less boring than clear, it is actually flattering and just one coat is fairly opaque. It may be a little dull on it’s own, but it would be a nice base for some neon nail art!

Yes To Blueberries Brightening Facial Towelettes
First of all: YES. I love this little travel-sized packet of facial towelettes, and I love that it’s a 99% natural product. But I still don’t understand why they named their company “Yes to.” Sometimes, just that name makes me say “No to” when I’m deciding what to buy. Perhaps these blueberries will win me over though.

Want to get your own Birchboxes? Sign up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment