June 25, 2012

Make A Wish


The first time I brushed on Benefit's Dandelion,I thought it was the palest, softest pink blush ever. Fitting for something called Dandelion, it’s barely a whisper of color, but a few more swipes made it more evident. It was pretty and natural looking, but I wondered how many people were fair enough for the palest pink blush I had ever seen.

Then I realized it isn’t blush, it’s a brightening face powder, says so right on the box, which I eventually read. I got a free sample (using the code DANDELION, which may or may not still work) with a recent Sephora order. It came with an Ultra Plush Lip Glosstoo. (Above photo shows samples, not full size product.)

According to Benefit’s website, this is one of their top-selling products. You can use it just on your cheeks, or all over your face to perk up your complexion. They also suggest dusting it over their Posietint product (similar to Benetint), for long-lasting color. I had already been thinking of using it with my Smashbox O-Glowcheekstain, so I’m glad they (kind of) approve.

When I tried it over BB Creamand O-Glow, it really did give a nice pretty glow to my cheeks. Not shimmery, not pinky, but somehow brightening. Maybe it has opaque white instead of metallic sparkles? I have no idea how they do it, but it brightens with only the tiniest bit of color and almost imperceptible shimmer. This stuff is soooo pale though! I really don’t think it will work for everyone. However, very pale people will probably love it, especially those who want a natural look.

Dusting the powder over my entire face looked nice too, but I almost don’t even know how to describe it. It’s SO SUBTLE. I guess it’s like a regular translucent powder, but slightly brightening. Like, it blurs your pores and everything, but isn’t really matte. It’s nice!

The lipgloss is pretty plush, just like it says, but it’s basically invisible. Just a touch of shimmer and even less color. It feels really nice though, and doesn’t taste or smell weird. I would probably use it over a lip stain, only because I have it. I honestly wouldn’t bother buying this unless you want something that is barely anything. It’s practically the color of air.

While both of these products are nice, I can’t imagine how they would work on anyone but the fairest in the land. If anyone has insight on that, please share in the comments. (I made it so you don’t have to register anymore, and have only gotten spammed once in the last two weeks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment