June 18, 2012

Lip Sinking


We have a guest post today! Beth C. managed to find what may be the best deal on lipstick ever.

I’ve had no lipcolor luck in ages. Doesn’t matter how much I spend – and believe me, I’ve spent enough. It’s just never quite right. Color, feel, taste, stay, whatever. I own an unsaintly reliquary of old sticks, stains, glosses, tubes.

On a whim in a chain pharmacy, I cruised the far end of one of the cosmetics aisles – you know, where they vanquish the cheap stuff to – and saw a low-priced tube of lipstick in a color I was looking for. It was one of those non-brand brands with a price of either $3.49 or $3.99 – I don’t remember, but it was a new low, literally. It said “2-in-1 Lipcolor” and this lipstick was clearly divided into two complementary shades that I like, and that work for me. Why not try it? I could at least avoid the horrible buyers remorse I’ve experienced with the expensive products. Tried it at home and it was more than fine. No, I don’t know what it’s made of. No, it’s not perfect. But I can say the same for the most part with most other lipcolor I’ve purchased.

YSL and Face Stockholm, make room for your new neighbor. There goes our makeup case neighborhood.

Thanks, Beth! With two colors in one stick, it's almost like you're getting three color options if you use them separately and together. It's funny that the brand is called "NYC" and yet it's such a bargain. Though it does make sense when you consider there are three lip colors jammed into such a small space. AND! Research for this post shows you might even be able to get a better deal! According to their website, you can get NYC City Duet 2-in-1 Lipcolor for as low as $2.99?!

No comments:

Post a Comment