April 21, 2011

Egg Hunt


Holy Thursday! It’s almost Easter and I’ve been sitting on these egg-shaped makeup sponges for weeks, just waiting for the right time to share them.

Most of the time when I apply liquid foundation, I just use my fingers. Quick, easy, clean, and I can always find them. They also don’t take up any room in my makeup bag. But sometimes I want a lighter touch, or a more refined finished, and that’s when I break out my BeautyBlender. (That’s the pink one.) It’s pointed tip lets you get into little places around your nose, eyes etcetera, and though it’s larger, it’s easier to control than run-of-the-mill wedges. Since it has no straight edges, you never end up with a line or streak that you have to go back and blend in. It’s really bouncy, so it’s perfect for stippling. It’s also latex-free, non-allergenic, and easier to clean than a foundation brush.

You’re supposed to use it wet for makeup application, but sometimes after I’ve already applied my makeup with my fingers, I grab a dry BeautyBlender and very lightly go over anywhere the makeup may have settled into lines, like around my eyes. (When I try to do this with my fingers, I usually end up rubbing the makeup off while attempting to blend.) I probably use mine dry more frequently than I use it wet.


The BeautyBlender is a little spendy, but if you buy two it only costs like $4 more. They do last a long time, however. I’ve had mine for ages and I haven’t even used the second one yet. There are other options though. Sephora offers a yellow egg-shaped blender, but the tip is not quite as refined. Sonia Kashuk probably gets second place with her blue blender at Target. (But first place for price!) It has a good point and the end seems to be shaped into some sort of a handle. I’m guessing that’s for comfort, or because they legally couldn’t copy the Beauty Blender exactly. (The Beauty Blender feels really nice in your hand. And on your face.)


So that’s that! Maybe it’s eggsactly what you need to help you with your makeup application. Or maybe you don’t need anything eggstra in your beauty basket. Either way, hop you enjoyed this post…

2 comments:

  1. <3 my Beauty Blender! Use it damp every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! "Damp" is probably a more accurate description of how it should be.

    ReplyDelete