April 29, 2011

Blow Dry Perfector Totally Blows


Yesterday, I washed my hair for the first time since applying the Garnier Fructis Blow Dry Perfector, and I think I know enough about it at this point to give you an update. While I haven’t had the absolutely terrible results some of the reviewers on Amazon had, (it must especially suck for people without a good flat iron or with color-treated hair) I’m still really REALLY not happy with it.

And if you’re wondering if it still smells, the answer is: kinda. It smells when it gets wet. It’s not as bad as when I applied it, but it’s still slightly sulfuric (farty) smelling in the shower. If you decide to use this stuff, don’t get caught in a rainstorm with a cute boy and don’t go to any pool parties! (However, if you’re in the ocean you can possibly blame it on low tide.) Luckily, now that it’s dry, it’s barely detectable. And seriously, the awful smell is not even the worst part.

Let’s address each of the claims in order, shall we?

Last up to 7 shampoos: God, I hope not.

Tames Frizz: Meh.

Stays Smooth & Shiny: Yes. In opposite world!!!

Easier, Faster Blow Dries: Not even a little bit.

I can say without any doubt that I 100% do not recommend this product. Even when I don’t like something, I usually maintain that it might work for someone else. In this case, I really don’t think it’s worth the risk. I would definitely be much better off just using my Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum for frizz-fighting, shine, smoothness, and easier, faster blow dries. PLUS it keeps your hair straighter longer!

My hair is no longer soft and silky. (I know. Why did I mess with a good thing? Kicking myself.) It feels a little dry, and looks slightly unkempt ten minutes after I’ve brushed it. It almost looks like I have split ends. (I don’t, I got a haircut last week.) It seems like it’s getting tangled easily, and I don’t generally get tangles. I fear the chemicals might have roughened the cuticle of my hair, and I am hoping it goes back to normal when this is over. Not sure what the chances are of that happening though. My hair doesn’t look completely awful, but it does not look great, or even as good as it normally does. I explained the whole situation to my husband, who assured me that my hair didn’t look bad. I told him the point of using the product was to make it look GOOD. Then I made him touch it, and he said “Ohh. But your hair is usually SO soft!” So, YEAH. Thanks Garnier, you suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment