July 20, 2011

Straight Talk



I was going to wait to tell you about this stuff until I had time to really put it through it’s paces, but to be honest, the weather forecast is 89,96, 99, 97, 89 and I don’t think it’s going to be cooling down for at least another month and half. I seriously doubt I’ll be wearing my hair down anytime soon, and if you have bangs, you need to know about this now.

Living Proof, the brand that has all those crazy frizz-proofing products has come out with something called Straight Spray.You can use it on wet and/or dry hair, and its job is to keep your hair straight. And also, it’s a spray. Get it? It’s very creative.

Living Proof’s “thing” is that they don’t use oils, resins or silicones. I guess those things can leave buildup on your hair, but when I asked my hairdresser about it, she said most shampoos are so strong that they get that stuff out. Still, Living Proof came up with some kind of breakthrough molecule called PolyfluoroEster that creates a weightless shield/force-field on your hair. They say the product won’t build up, it protects against heat styling, and… that it REPELS DIRT. (!!!)

I don’t know?

The important thing though, is that it keeps your hair straight. I bought the tiny can to try it out, and I have only used it on my bangs so far. Generally my very awesome flatiron does a good job of getting and keeping my hair straight, but sometimes the absolutely-friggin-insane humidity makes my bangs curl up a little or get puffy. This spray convinces them stay straight and smooth.

I am not sure how it would hold up at the gym. (But you’re at THE GYM, who cares? Also: Good job! You went to the gym!) However, I did use it on my bangs before two Bouncing Souls shows a couple of weeks ago. The first night, I barely broke a sweat, but it was pretty hot and crowded. Kind of sticky and steamy. And there was a guy crowd-surfing in a wheeeeelchaaaaiirrr!!! Which was pretty amazing. The second night I was definitely sweaty, with the added bonus of other people’s sweat on me too. It was really crowded, but so fun and so worth it. And my bangs looked fab.

Straight Spray!

No comments:

Post a Comment