July 8, 2011

Everyone Wants These Sandals, and Maybe You Do Too?


Is there anyone out there who doesn’t need a pair of adorable, affordable sandals that are also comfortable?

Didn’t think so.

I bought these from Piperlime sometime in the dead of March, along with a coral-colored sundress, and dreamt of when I could finally wear them. Finally, summer weather arrived and I was so excited I ended up wearing the bright coral sundress and yellow shoes together, like some sort of human tropical beverage. It was an outfit that clearly said: “WHOOHOOOO! SUMMER!!!!” Which was exactly what I was feeling.

The sandals turned out to be even better than expected. I knew they were comfortable when I wore them around the house, but I can wear these running errands all day with no problem. And by “running” I mean walking. Everywhere.

The leather is soft, the footbed is suede-y so you don’t slide, and they have a rubber sole! My favorite! This makes them so easy to walk in, plus you don’t have to worry about slipping. Since your ankles are delicately harnessed in, the shoes stay in place. No worries of having a Cinderella moment running down the stairs to the subway platform. The heel height, 2.75", is pretty perfect too. I actually double-checked that measurement, because they feel lower. I guess because the wedge provides stability/comfort/awesomeness.

While the sandals are mostly open, the toe area is mostly closed. So A. Your toes don’t poke through and B. You don’t have to worry about the state of your pedicure. Also C. Some people are weird about toes? The other nice thing about having a closed toe is that you can get away with wearing these in the spring and fall, weather permitting, without looking like you’re dressed way out of season.

I was so thrilled with the yellow ones, that I bought another pair in the cognac color. While it turns out you/I can/will wear yellow shoes with almost anything, sometimes… yeah, No. But the cognac ones really, really go with almost anything.


I have gotten so many compliments on these shoes! They are probably the most complimented-upon thing I’ve worn all summer. Though, I probably wear them more than anything else. Still, it’s not just compliments. People want specifics so they can go out and buy them. They don’t want them, they NEED them. And they don’t even know how comfy they are yet! Someone even spotted them in a facebook photo and asked for the shopping info. I highly recommend them to everyone, and now I share them with you. They are still in stock at Piperlime for $60. Some of the sizes are starting to run out though, I'm sorry for not telling you sooner!

Yes, I have two pairs of the same shoes, but they are really great. So great that I bought them in pewter too.

4 comments:

  1. they we pretty great with that coral dress.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. I am definitely getting some mileage (and compliments) out of that coral dress as well!

    It's only available in white, size large now. I wish I would have gotten the white one toooo!
    http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?searchCID=4016&cid=4016&vid=1&pid=860568&scid=860568012

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, yes, I do want those sandals. Just had my bridal shower and I'm going to buy them immediately with the proceeds. I think I need to wear more shoes like this. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should! You need cute comfortable shoes to take with you on your honeymoon. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete