July 6, 2011

Pore Me


I’ve heard a lot of complaints about shiny noses lately, and I feel like pores are right at the top of everyone’s shitlist too. As always, there is hope at Sephora. (Which, if you rearrange the letters spells “Hopers, A?”)

Pores No More is a line of pore treatment products from Dr. Brandt, who obviously knows what people obsess about. One of the most popular products in this line is the pore refiner which is meant to even out the skin’s texture, and provide a matte finish with or without makeup.

It claims to “shrink pores, absorb oil, and keep shine at bay.” It does not claim to do this indefinitely. They say this makes an excellent makeup primer, and you should think of it the same way. It works only while you’re wearing it. A few reviewers on Sephora.com say that it improved their skin over time, but I wouldn’t count on it.

That said, it does a nice job of minimizing and mattifying, instantly! I’ve mostly worn this by itself, especially while I was away and didn’t want to wear makeup, but also didn’t want to look gross. It works great under tinted moisturizer too, which sometimes can’t adequately handle the pore situation on it’s own. And, of course, real foundation. No problem. It’s not super-matte, especially with makeup on top. Of course, that depends on how matte that particular makeup is.

It’s available in both regular and Hint of Tint.The original formula is the color of Barbie-skin, but goes on clear. The Hint of Tint is darker (perhaps Malibu Barbie?) and shows up tannish. You could use this if have darker skin, or to enhance your tan (faux-tan!) while also fighting shine and big pores. It’s a fairly light tan, but for me, it would only really work for summer.

It’s free of sulfates, petrochemicals and phthalates, which is always good. It’s on the spendy side, but a little goes a long way. My samples seem to be lasting forever! I got a free deluxe sample of Hint of Tint with one of my Sephora orders,  using the code: SUNKISS. Then, when I was in the store, I had them make me a sample of the original one, which will probably last me about 14 applications. I just use it on my T-zone, and it really doesn’t take much. (With the tinted version, you kind of have to put it on your whole face. Otherwise you’d have a weird tan T-zone, which… no.) I plan to buy the full size bottle of the original formula when I’m finished my sample. Clear matches every time, and no time is the right time for yucky pores.

No comments:

Post a Comment