July 14, 2011

Glisten Up


Hey, now! I thought this was going to be just another shine spray, but this here is somethin’ special. I actually said “Hey, now!” out loud, to myself, after I used it. It’s not something I usually say, but there it was. Hey, now!

I wore a bun last night, so today I woke up with wack-a-doodle waves. Thanks to an exciting new design project, I didn’t manage to get outside today, so it doesn’t even matter what my hair looks like. The cat, seriously, does not care. Though, I do try to look somewhat presentable by the time my husband gets home, so I grabbed the travel-size bottle of Redken Shine Flash 02 Glistening Mist from my July Birchbox, which is conveniently still sitting on my desk.

I sprayed it on one side of my head and ran my fingers through my hair. My frizz and flyaway’s were instantly gone, and my crazy waves arranged themselves into pretty waves, without losing any volume or bounce. (That’s where the “Hey, now!” came in, followed by an “oooOOooh!”) After a brief comparison, I sprayed the other side. Excellent! Now my hair looks “did” without looking “done”.

Most of the other shine sprays I’ve tried are just some sort of silicone something. This one has “conditioning camelina oil and nourishing vitamin B5.” I’m not sure what the B5 is up to, but it seems like the oil really makes a difference. It made the waves wavier, smoother, and shinier. I imagine it would make straight hair sleeker and shinier too. Holy crap, Redken. Yes, please!

It’s a fine-mist aerosol, so you can (and should) apply it very lightly. It’s weightless, until it’s not. I maybe went a tad overboard, but it doesn’t look greasy. My hair seems to be absorbing it over time as well.

The scent… is weird. If I had to tell you what it smells like without really thinking about it, I would say it smells like Tums and Aquanet. But it goes away once you’re done spraying, so it’s NBD.

So, yeah. Guess who’s saving the travel-size bottle for actual travel and buying a full size ASAP?

No comments:

Post a Comment