July 7, 2011

Crazy Soft Hair, is Currently Both Soft and Crazy


I woke up this morning looking like a cavewoman, but without the boobs and the eyeliner. This is not an uncommon look for me to wake up with, especially if I wore my hair up in a bun the day before. But today my hair was soft. Like, REALLY soft.

I actually forgot that I had sprayed my hair with Kendi oil after I washed it yesterday, and thought I was just appreciating the softness after doing the sea-salt hair for so many days. I got a deluxe sample of Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mistfrom Sephora as my “100-point Perk” a few weeks ago, and I’ve been using it occasionally ever since. While I was at the shore I used it on my (real!) sea-salt hair after swimming in the ocean, and I’ve spritzed it on dry hair a few times, but this was the first time I used it on clean damp hair.

This is a “dry-oil.” I don’t really know what makes an oil “dry”, but to me it means it’s weightless and not actually oily. I used a lot, and it didn’t make my hair greasy at all, but I wouldn’t spray it too close to your scalp if that’s a problem for you. The mist is really fine, and it smells great! The scent doesn’t really stay in your hair though, which is a good thing. I like the spray to smell like that, but I don’t want ME to smell like that.

They say this is “a deeply nourishing treatment that helps to repair split ends and environmental damage.” We all know that you can’t actually heal split ends, but I guess this will help smooth them together temporarily? Personally, I just get regular trims to avoid split ends. They also say that it protects hair from heat styling tools, enhances shine, and boosts hair’s health. I wouldn’t say my hair is noticeably shinier. It does feel really healthy though, even if it’s temporary. I think it probably feels silkier than it looks, because it really doesn’t cut down on the frizz as much as I’d like, even though they also claim it will “banish frizz.” (What if banished frizz just went to someone else’s head? It would be terrible to be the head where banished frizz goes!) Anyway, as for protection from heat styling, how do you really know?

Also, you should know that my current cavewoman hairdo is not related to the Kendi oil spray. It is not a styling product, and will not add volume or anything.

If you want your hair to feel really soft and healthy, this stuff is great. Otherwise, you can probably live without Bamboo Kendi Oil and WITH your $24. I don’t think it actually makes my hair look that much better, but it feels kind of amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Just chose this as one of my samples with my Sephora order. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! Let me know what you think!

    Sephora samples, gotta love 'em! (Even if you don't end up liking them.)

    ReplyDelete