June 27, 2011

L’Oreal Has Got Your Back (Sort of).


Before I left for Ocean City, I laid off the gradual tanner for a while because I had planned to use a more intense tanner for the trip, and I didn’t want the gradual stuff to mess with it. I had bought a bottle-shaped can of L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Pro Perfect Airbrush, which is a self-tanning mist with a 360 spray. I could have sworn I used the exact same thing last summer, with great results. Unfortunately, this time it did a whole lot of nothing. Or a whole lot of next to nothing, really. I bought the Medium shade, and it acted more like a gradual thing. It was fine, just not what I was going for. I should have tried the Xen-Tan from my June Birch Box, but by the time I figured out the L’Oreal didn’t work, it was too late/too risky to try something else.

“Too late?” You might be asking. “Isn’t it kind of instant?” Kind of it is. They say it starts developing in an hour, but I usually don’t see anything until the next day. Unfortunately, the night I finally applied it was the night before I was leaving. Yes, the same night I needed to pack for a wedding and a week at the shore. THAT NIGHT.

For my legs, I would have been better off just continuing my use of Nivea Sun-Kissed Firming Moisturizer which I switched to because I kept forgetting to alternate between the Sun-Kissed Moisturizer and the Cellulite Gel Cream and/or Serum. To be honest, I don’t think it firms as well, but I think it’s better than nothing? Despite being an avid product huntress, I really don’t have the patience for using too many products in one day. Or maybe it’s just because I have other stuff to do, which is probably a good thing.

L’Oreal Sublime Bronze does have its good points though. Since it’s a 360 spray, you can do your back. Also, you probably don’t want to put moisturizer on your back, and this is not moisturizing or oily in any way. You don’t have to worry about weird tanner marks on your hands, in between your fingers, or around your nails, because you spray it on instead of rubbing it in like a cream. I would recommend holding your breath and doing this somewhere that is both well-ventilated and that you don’t mind being naked. It doesn’t smell bad, but you don’t want to breathe this stuff in. I’m really not sure if it would stain clothes or carpeting if you accidentally sprayed them, but I wouldn’t chance it. The spray is really the best thing this has going for it. They even put a picture of bottle spraying on the bottle itself! That kind of stuff always cracks me up because I can imagine the conversation between the client and the designer.

Client: Can we put a picture of the spray on the bottle? So people know it’s a spray?

Designer: Well, there is obviously a spray nozzle at the top of the bottle, there isn’t even a lid hiding that. Plus it says Airbrush and Self-Tanning Mist right on the front. It even says 360 Wide Angle Applicator.

C: We need something that lets people know it’s a spray. So they can see how to use it.

D: Well, it says airbrush, mist and spray, like 500 times on the back. With clear directions on how to use it.

C: We need to make it really, really clear, right away. That it’s a spray.

D: So, you want some kind of an abstract spray graphic on the bottle? Like something has been sprayed on it?

C: Yes! Exactly! Like a picture of a bottle spraying.

D: Of a bottle spraying?

C: Yes! Like this exact bottle, with a spray shooting out of it.

D: You want a picture of the product, ON the product.

C: YES!

D: So if you were selling pants, you would want a picture of pants printed on them?!

C: ….

Account Guy: Well, hey! Why don’t we just mock it up real quick, and send it over later? We can all take a look and decide what to do after we have a chance to see what it would really look like.

D: *facepalm*

No comments:

Post a Comment