June 8, 2011

Birchbox 2 = Woohoo!


I just got my June Birchbox! If you read my review of the May Birchbox, my first ever Birchbox, you know I was pretty disappointed. I considered cancelling, but thought I’d give it another month or two. I am happy to say that Birchbox has redeemed itself with the June box.

This one is travel themed, which is perfect because I have travel fever! I have a trip to the Jersey shore planned (no not THAT one, ugh!) and just booked a trip to Paris and assorted parts of Switzerland. (!!!) I’m really excited for both trips, and packing and planning is occupying most of my thoughts lately.

Here’s what I got:

Kate Spade Twirl Perfume
I already have at least one of these samples around from Sephora, but whatev.

Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Oil Free Lotion
According to the card, this isn’t even in stores yet. All I know is, oil-free sounds like a good plan, especially on days like today. And Kiehl’s is always great.

Laura Geller Baked Blush N’ Brighten
This thing is FULL SIZE! If you actually bought it, it would come with a special brush though. I’m fine with that, I have p-l-e-n-t-y of makeup brushes. It’s called a blush, but it’s the color of a bronzer (the shade is Honey Dipped). My current bronzer doesn’t have shimmer, so this will be nice for when I want a little bit of sparkle. Very excited for this one.

Xen-Tan Deep Bronze Luxe
This is a “weekly self tan” whatever that means. I mean, I know what it means, but why so specific, XEN-TAN? It both looks and sounds intense! I don’t know if that’s what they were going for with the packaging design, but they certainly nailed it.

Herban Essentials Orange Towelettes
Germ-killing towelettes with pure orange oil. These are much fancier than the Wet Wipes I usually carry when I fly. I will save these for our hands, and use the cheap-o ones for wiping down our tray tables, armrests, seatbelts and seatback pockets. (Yes, I definitely do that.)

I am feeling just as happy about Birchbox as when I first signed up. Maybe happier since I just opened a box full of goodies. If you want to get a monthly Birchbox too, you can sign up here. I was on the fence before, but now I totally recommend it. If it starts to suck, we can always cancel.

3 comments:

  1. OMG YES. I hope I get exactly these things in my next one (and that I re-upped my order in time to get a June BB). May was fun because it was my first one, and orange eyeshadow is cool to have around, but this I WANT. I've heard really good things about those Laura Geller Blush and Brighten things (and seriously, no brush = selling point), I actually have Xen Tan on my to-buy list, Kiehls yes please. Well done, Birchbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the blush in Berry Apricot something or other; as a blush-phobe I can acknowledge that it's pretty, but it's probably not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A blush-phobe? You must have good coloring, Cecily. My mother started putting blush on me in 3rd grade, and I will admit: I needed it.

    I think some people got a Deborah Lippman nailpolish, which I was hoping for.

    Paige, keep us posted on what you get!

    ReplyDelete