June 9, 2011

Glow On With Your Tan Self!


I got a promotional sample of Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pads free with a Sephora.com order way back in March(ish). It came with 4 packets, and I wish I had tried them immediately, so I could have told everyone to get a sample. But it just wasn’t seasonally appropriate to have a tan yet. Especially not just a tan face! You should only do that… never.

I started using these a few days ago, and I’m really pleased with the results. They are little individually wrapped wet-nap type pads, much like the other Dr. Gross Alpha Beta pads, only this is just one step. They are sold in a box of 20, which I just ordered (because they are awesome), and it will probably last me through the summer.

The first application made my skin one shade darker. It was pretty subtle, but you could see where I stopped, since I haven’t been faux-tanning my whole body. I did my face and neck with the pad, and by the next day, if you really looked, you could see the line on my chest. The color itself was very even and natural looking, with no streaks. The next morning in the shower, I was a little worried I’d accidentally scrub it off if I used my Clarisonic Mia, but the thought of not using the Mia for the rest of the summer was slightly worrisome, so I had to test it out. My power-exfoliating didn’t scrub the color off, so, Yay! It did blend the line of demarcation though, so, another Yay!

After my shower, I used another packet and (eventually) got another shade darker, which is probably as dark as I need to be. I’ll just use another one when my color starts to fade. I would imagine you would continue to get darker and darker if you used this every day, but that would get expensive. Also, it’s probably unnecessary to be that tan, but that’s up to you.

This is an “anti-aging exfoliating self-tanner” which has alpha- and beta-hydroxy acids to exfoliate and help minimize the appearance of pores. I’m sure the AHAs help the color go on evenly too. The pores on my nose do seem a little smaller, which is always, always, (always!) good.

I’m pretty much in love with these things. It’s great, because I feel like I haven’t found any really exciting new products recently. Also, I’ve never found a self-tanner for my face that I really liked. Most of them are tanning moisturizers, which is kind of a break-out risk. Recently, I bought a Temptu tanning kit to use with my airbrush, but after I tried these, I returned it. (Without even testing it out!) These are so easy and portable! And, seriously, tanning, anti-aging and pore minimizing? I don’t think it gets any better. Get glowing! You glow, girl! And so on.

PS. You may have missed the promo for this product, but Sephora currently has THIS going on! Pick a FREE bronzing mini with any $25+ order. Enter code SUNKISS at checkout. Online only! While supplies last.

No comments:

Post a Comment