June 6, 2011

Clogged Pores: Slightly Better Than Other Types of Clogs


One of my primary skincare concerns is the pores on my nose, so when I heard about the fancy new black nose strips from Boscia, I couldn’t wait to check them out. The reviews on Sephora.com were good, and I was all ready to plunk down my cash when I found an offer for a free sample. Win!

Of course I had bought Bioré nose strips from the drugstore before, and they never seemed to work as well as I wanted them to. Somewhat randomly, I had also tried another kind of black nose strip before; My friend brought me some craziness back from Japan. The Japanese version seemed very much like black duct tape, but even though they were much harder to remove, the effect was not any better than with Bioré. I was really hoping the high-end Boscia version would finally give me the results I wanted. (Results like the girls in the Bioré commercials get.)

I can say, for sure, that even though these strips are black, you do not look “cooler” than you do with the white ones. You do not look any less weird, and you might actually look weirder, but it depends who you ask. Just so you know, if anyone sees you, they will definitely comment, it would be impossible not to. You will probably get something along the lines of “I think you have something on your nose” but let me know if you hear any good ones.

The first time I used the black strip from Boscia, it did pretty much nothing. I would say less than a Bioré, except it did get one big clog out. If it cleared every pore like it cleared that one, I would be in heaven. But, alas, no. My freebie came with two strips, so I tried the second one a week later, and still was not impressed. (Especially not for $15 for 6!)

I’m glad I got a chance to try them though, and that I don’t have to go through the trouble of returning them to Sephora. If you’d like to try them out for yourself, you can get your sample the same way I got mine, they are “free” with purchase at Sephora.com. Use code PORESTRIPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment