May 13, 2011

So. Cellulite.


I don’t have a serious amount of cellulite, but it’s pretty serious to me because it’s ON ME. And since I don’t want my body to dictate which clothes I can wear, I need to take care of that situation as soon as I can. I am, of course, going the diet and exercise route. (It’s not like I haven’t been talking about that FOR DAYS.) But I’m coming at it from all sides, and that means going topical too.

I started using Nivea's Good Bye Cellulite Serum about ten days ago. (I started with the lazy stuff before embarking on my fitness quest.) Not that I really expected it to work, but I thought it was worth a shot. I had used cellulite creams before, with mixed results. The expensive, caffeinated one from Shiseido kind of worked, but felt so icy cold I hated using it every day. I eventually gave it away to a friend. I tried the gradual-self tanner firming formulas, but I’m not sure if it was the tanner or the uh, “firmer” that was making a difference in the appearance. Anyway, this stuff is “NEW” and well, you know how I am.


The first thing I liked about it is that it doesn’t freeze me! So I don’t mind applying it at all, which means I apply it every day. Here is the best thing though: It kind of works! My thighs definitely look better. It’s not like, DEEPLY effective, but the surface of my skin is definitely smoother. More even. Prettier? I don’t think four days with Tracy Anderson did that, as the numbers on my scale have scarcely moved. (And by numbers, I mean weight, body fat, muscle mass, body water, and bone weight. I have a fancy scale.)  I certainly don't look like the chick on the box (maybe if I wish REAL hard...) but I have definitely seen some improvement.

There is also a Nivea Good-bye Cellulite Gel-Cream. I actually bought that first, but when I read the box it said “To jumpstart your anti-cellulite regimen, also use Nivea Good-bye Cellulite Fast Acting Serum.” Shoot! I just realized it says “also” and I did a little research. Turns out you can use both the gel-cream and the serum together! I had planned on using up the serum, then using the gel-cream for maintenance. Hmm! If I am seeing improvement with just one, I am VERY interested in seeing the results of both. (PS. The gel-cream isn’t freezy either.)

Now, as with any cellulite cream/gel/serum, the effects stop when you stop using it. And obviously, everyone’s results are gong to be different based on their bodies, their diet, their fitness routine, and (probably) whether or not they bothered to read the box carefully. I’m obviously not guaranteeing it will work for you. But it might!

Personally, I’ll take all the help I can get. I’m on a mission! I’m hoping if I keep using this stuff, along with my diet and exercise plan, I’ll get better and better results. I didn’t want to wait that long to tell you guys though, because bikini season is going to be here before we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment