May 31, 2011

Four Day Weekend, Three Day Tanner


A few weeks ago, I attempted to use last year’s leftover gradual tanning moisturizer with no luck. It just made my legs look slightly dirty; I guess that stuff expires. The few times I went out bare legged I’ve just dealt with being pale, but since it rained forever and ever, it didn’t really matter. I was wearing pants most of the time. Now that the hot weather has made a very dramatic entrance right at the unofficial (but kind of official) beginning of summer, I decided to put the hurry up on the faux tan. But I’m not ready for the serious tanner, because that has it’s own kind of drama, and it’s just not necessary yet. I found something somewhere in between, a fast-paced gradual tanner that works over three days.

It’s called Jergens Natural Glow Express, and it’s the 4/5 train of gradual tanners. Let me start out by saying that since I’m impatient, even on the express route, I went with Medium-Dark, even though I’m unnaturally pale due to years out of the sun. (My mother once accused me of using fade cream, since I am so much lighter than I used to be. I was like “What’s fade cream?”) Anyway, so yeah: Medium-Dark. The first day worked almost as well as an instant tanner. It definitely took the chill off my arctic-white legs. The only issue was a few dark spots around my ankles. I probably wouldn’t have had that problem if I had used the lighter version, but it wasn’t a big deal and could be easily taken care of in the shower with a nailbrush. The second day was even better, and by the third day I had a nice light tan. I certainly wouldn’t call it a “Savage Tan” but really, is that a good look for anyone? That just seems kind of outdated. I ended up using it for four days “to achieve desired color." If I was going to be in a bathing suit, I’d probably want to be a little darker and go with a for-realsies self tanner, but for regular city living, this is just about perfect. Now I’ll maintain with a non-express (local?) tanning moisturizer until it's time to hit the beach.

Happy hot weather, everyone! Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment