February 17, 2012

Girl with a Pearl Face


I had heard so many great things about Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint, that when my beloved Dr. Jart BB Cream started to get low, I decided I would try something new instead of buying Dr. J for a third time. Just to see.

Well, now I know. It’s nice, but it's just too “luminizing” for me. It’s not super sparkly, but it’s shimmery enough that I had a distracting white stripe down my nose, after just applying a thin layer. Speaking of layers, I think this might have even lighter coverage than Dr. Jart, which is pretty thin. It’s definitely a quality product though. It’s oil-free, hypoallergenic, and has an SPF of 20. It goes on smoothly and feels really great on your skin. Meaning, once it’s on you can’t feel it, but if you touch your face it feels silky.

The color I got, Pearl, is really nice. But it IS pearly, they were totally not exaggerating when they named it. If you’re someone who likes to be really glowy, this might be perfect for you. For me, I just wasn’t comfortable being that shiny. When I added a little bit of powder to my nose and chin, it dulled down the sheen enough to look really nice, but… I’m going back to Dr. J and Jouer is going back to Beauty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment