February 13, 2012

Palisades Paint

If you are really really neat, or really really messy, have I got a product for YOU!

Kiesque has made something called “Liquid Palisade Peel-Off Nail Polish Barrier” (Did you know that a palisade is a protective fence and not just a place in NJ with a catchy song written about it? Also, did you know that song, Palisades Park, was written by Chuck Barris? The dude from The Gong Show? Who also said he was in the CIA? And then they made that movie about him? With Sam Rockwell? Who used to work out at my gym? This blog is so informative!!!)

Anyway, Liquid Palisade is a rubbery barrier you paint on your cuticles, or anywhere you don’t want nail polish to go even though nail polish totally wants to go there. You can use it to get a more professional-looking manicure at home, or you can use it for doing some kick-ass nail art. It’s like masking tape for your fingernails, but really more like the masking fluid you use when you’re painting with watercolors. (IF you’re painting with watercolors?) You paint this stuff where you don’t want color, it dries quickly, you do up your nails, then you peel off the rubbery stuff revealing clean cuticles and/or fabulous nail art.

I haven’t purchased this myself (yet) but from what I understand, the only real problem with it is spending so much time doing your nails perfectly. Also, one reviewer said that occasionally the brush gets gunked up and you have to peel the dried rubber off, which takes approximately three seconds.

One tip I picked up is that you should apply a thick layer of Liquid Palisade to make it easier to remove. Good to know! Also, according to this video, it’s a good idea to use tweezers to help with the peeling process.

Personally, I would probably only use this for nail art. I’m pretty good at painting within the lines and also pretty impatient when just doing a regular manicure. But I just had like a million ideas for nail art that make me want to buy this right now. But I’m also trying not to buy too much stuff right now. I am building a palisade between me and my credit card.

No comments:

Post a Comment