February 10, 2012

1/3rd Through Shreduary!


I’m 33.333% done with this workout adventure, and I still really like it. Below is a brief summary of the past week. I’m already noticing a difference in my body, but it hasn’t been easy.

Day 4 – Level 1
Today was the first day I felt less sore when I woke up, and after the workout, I was even LESS sore than that. Today is also the first day I heard Jillian Michael’s say “If you want a 20-minute workout, you don’t get to take a break.” Granted, she says this during the second set of push-ups, so I was a little distracted during those first few days. But yeah, this whole time I thought it was a 30-minute workout and it’s not. It’s actually even more impressive that the whole thing is crammed into 18 minutes of hard work, plus the warm up and cool down. The workout actually seemed shorter today, but I think that was because I am learning the moves and my body is starting to adapt.  

Day 5 – Level 1
I was not sore today! Hoooraayyy! But I did have a little bit of a headache. I’m not positive but it could have been due to the number of drinks I had at Lani Kai last night. I guess we’ll never know.

Day 6 – Level 1
I had an early appointment this morning so I couldn’t do my workout as soon as I got up. Then I had a couple of hours of errands while I was out. Then, after lunch my stomach was weird so I was waiting until I felt better to do the workout. I never did. I am not happy about Day 6.  

Day 7 – Level 1
Losing momentum is always a problem for me, though usually it doesn’t happen after just missing one workout. Unfortunately, now part of me thinks not working out is an option, when it is NOT AN OPTION. I’m so tired though, I didn’t sleep well last night. But I never really sleep that well, so it’s not an excuse. Part of me wishes I could go do mindless cardio instead, but that’s not the plan. On Friday I will be 1/3 of the way through my 30 days, and that’s a pretty good milestone. I can get there. Changing into my workout clothes I notice a little muscle definition in my stomach. It could be a trick of the light, but I’ll take it! I was wondering if the workout would be a little easier since I had a day to recover. It wasn’t. Also, I just remembered an errand I have to do today that requires walking 2 miles. It doesn’t make up for missing yesterday, but at least it’s something.

Day 8 – Level 1
Last night I had cramps so bad they woke me up, and kept me up until the the Advil and heating pad started to work. I had a really terrible night’s sleep and got off to a slow start this morning. A little after 12 I started thinking I should do the workout before I got hungry for lunch, but at 12.30 still hadn’t done it. Then I got a request for a conference call at 1pm. I knew if I waited until after the call, I would need to eat lunch, then digest, and delay my workout further, so I decided to hurry up and squeeze it in during the 30 minutes I had before the call. (It’s a new thing I’m doing called “Tetris-ing My Schedule” and it’s been working really well for me.) Today I was able to do the whole workout without any of my own modifications. I did however do some of the modifications allowed by the video. I’m just still not ready for big-girl push-ups yet.

Day 9 – Level 1
Today was good. Not perfect, but good!  

Day 10 – Level 1
Again, still not perfect, but I’m really trying my best and that’s all that matters. I’m definitely way better than when I started, and I feel stronger.

I have to say, I have not gotten sick of doing the same workout for ten days. It’s been challenging every time and Jillian and her “back-up exercisers,” Natalie and Anita, do not annoy me. (Not-annoying me is also very challenging.)

No comments:

Post a Comment