December 2, 2011

Festive Flecks


This sparkly set of polish from Nails Inc turned out to be even more festive (meaning green) than I had imagined!

The Wyndham Collectionis listed as including teal-black Kesington polish with “Wyndham Overglaze top coat, which contains hand cut, irregular particles to create dramatic holographic effects when applied over other polishes.” Ohhh-kay! The image on the box shows the flecks being blue-green, but my manicure seemed more green-green. Not that I am complaining about gorgeous emerald green metallic pieces floating on a dark background. But then, in different light, at different angles, you see the blue. It changes constantly. Sometimes it looks like emerald green tinsel, sometimes it’s sort of… mysteriously aquatic. Like something glittering at the bottom of a dark pool. It’s pretty neat and pretty pretty.


Sephora offers a few other sets, one goes over black, and another claims to have green and red holographic sparkles. But the pieces still looks clear/white in the bottle, so I really wonder if it’s just the base color that’s doing that. Especially because the photo shows the sparkles to be more red and gold. Anyway, I don’t completely understand the magic that is holographic nailpolish yet. Don’t question. Just believe.

I’m dying to try the "overglaze" on other colors, but I already painted all my nails with 5 coats of polish (2 Kensington, 2 Wyndham, 1 Seche Vite) so I feel like I need a little break. Plus, I’m going out tonight and don’t want to undo my pretty manicure.

I’ll keep you posted though.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, great. More expensive concept nail polish on which to hang my well being. Since my nail polish ban, I have purchased 5 polishes. The ban started 6 weeks ago. So, I'm doing pretty well, I think. Smart assert aside, I love this polish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty neat, and it turns out the flecks DO have a greenish tint to them. I figured out I could try it on the red polish on my toes.(Not recommended.)

    ReplyDelete