December 14, 2011

Stockings


Jiminy Christmas! I keep not being ready, and yet the holidays keep coming. I think they are actually coming faster BECAUSE I’m not ready. Jerks.

Since there’s only a little over a week until Christmas, I’ve put together a list of stocking stuffers that can be easily found at the drugstore. And, since they’re stocking stuffers, and not GIFT gifts, each costs about $10 or less. These are, for the most part, for ladies, so if you’re not shopping for a lady, you can go ahead and forward this to whoever is shopping for you.


EOS lip balm
Fun, natural, and cheap! And FUN.



Shower Pouf
I use a Salux cloth, but I’m fairly certain I haven’t converted any of my readers. Shower Poufs are something that run out, so it’s always good to have a new one. Plus, it will perfectly puff the toe of the stocking.



Sally Hanson Salon Effects
If you don't know which one to pick, go with any of the glitter ones.




Nivea Hand Crème
Any type of hand cream is a good stocking stuffer because you need it so much in the winter! This one from Nivea is great for the purse or desk drawer.



Candy!
A stocking needs candy, that’s all there is to it. There doesn't have to be a lot, but there definitely has to be some. Toblerone one comes in neat triangular box, so it’s automatically fancier than just throwing in a Twix. Of course, you should add whatever your stuffee’s personal favorite is, but a Toblerone is also nice because I don’t think people generally buy them for themselves. I’m also pretty sure the only people that don’t like a Toblerone are the people that haven’t tried it.



Goody Ponytail Holders
These might be a little hard to find, but you get extra points because they are new! AND they double as jewelry. Drugstore jewelry!



Seche Vite
This is still my favorite topcoat, and everyone should have it.



Spa Gloves
This is the kind of thing that gets yucky and worn out, so a new pair is always welcome. Plus, they tie in with the hand cream!



Terry Headband
The photo is the one from Sephora, but most drugstores carry some variation. This is another thing that gets worn out and needs replacing. Plus it’s something that people don’t realize they can’t live without until they have one.

There you go, easy-peasy! But if you really wanted to take it up a notch, and aren’t afraid to step into Sephora during the holiday season, (or are willing to order online and hope the package arrives in time) here are some ideas for deluxe stocking stuffers. These are more like 20-ish bucks and under. I’m going to go ahead and include direct links to the Sephora site, to make it easier for shoppers and make it more likely that girls will get these things in their stockings. You’re welcome, everyone.












4 comments:

  1. Have you tired seche restore yet? It's a little dropper bottle that you can use to thin and regenerate your seche vite and any other polishes that are getting too thick. My seche vite is at the too gloppy to use face, so I'm excited to try this. I just picked one up at ultafor 6.99. In the meantime, I've been trying Nails Inc quick dry topcoat, which is "three free" so doesn't smell like noxious fumes. It works ALMOST as well as seche vite. I've found that its staying power is equal to SV when used over quality polish, but provides a little less chip protection over cheap polishes. My experience with SV is that it turns even the cheapest polish in to a solid 4 or 5 day manicure. But, since it doesn't give babies gills in utero, it's kind of a trade off. I always use OPI nail envy matte nail strengthener for base coat, which is always a success! I wish those bracelet hair bands had been out when my hair was still elbow length!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. God. Eff my first gen iPad that cannot interface with blog commenting to save its nearly obsolete young life! Typos abound bc the setup doesn't really allow for proof reading and back tracking, and auto correct is always predictively second guessing me. Don't worry, I'll write my GB (secrecy!) from my desk top. Speaking of, I could do that this week? Next week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure, you can do it whenever you want! You can write me at blog@punkahontas.com to discuss. Let me know what you're thinking about!

    I wanted to add to my comment, so I deleted my first one, I didn't realize it was gonna leave a mark. GAH.

    ANYWAY, No I haven't tried the Nails Inc one because some people said it was streaky. I like that it's less noxious though. hmm. I NEED to get the seche restore though! That stuff gets gloppy quick. I tried regular nail polish thinner and it was meh.

    ReplyDelete