December 21, 2011

On Dasher, On Dancer, On Chancer, you Vixen!


Have you done your Holiday Manicure yet? Personally, my nails are a mess, but last week I scheduled appointments for a manicure, waxing and…. EYELASH EXTENSIONS, for tomorrow. I can’t wait. I knew if I didn’t plan ahead, it woudn’t end up getting done, so tomorrow I get to go have some professional primping. That means I have to get all my work done today. Hopefully.

For my nails, I’m going with Chancer, by Butter, which I’ve been waiting to use for weeks. Red glitter polish with a name like a reindeer! The glitter is not too crazy, but it’s still special and fun, and red is THE classic color, so it’s a really nice balance. I actually already took care of my toes last week. The pedicure doesn’t have to wait until the last minute because it’s not like my feet have to do any cooking or cleaning or gift-wrapping. I’ll spare you a photo, but they look about as good as long skinny toes can look: Like ugly fingers. But I used to work with someone who had fingers that looked like toes, so I’m actually not too upset about having toes that look like fingers.

As for the eyelash extensions, it’s something I’ve wanted to try, and then I saw a Groupon for it, and since I have a blog to write, I figured I should jump on it! My lashes are pretty long, but I wouldn’t mind a little extra length in the outer corners, plus curl and volume. It’s certainly the right time of year for a bit of extra glamour. They say you don’t have to wear mascara! Or that you can’t. One or the other, I don’t care. The first time I saw someone with them, I was totally mesmerized. Hopefully it goes well, because I think it all depends on how good your technician is. Perhaps I should mention that I write a beauty blog so I get someone good? I guess that’s cheating though. Fingers crossed for great results. You’ll be the first to know how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment