December 6, 2011

Ice Ice... Maybe.


From the moment I finished my Wyndham Collection manicure, I’ve been dying to try the holographic Wyndham Overglaze Topcoat on other colors. I thought it would look cool and icey over light colors, especially metallics, so I tried it on a few of my palest and shimmeriest polishes.

I used:
  1. Marshmallow – Essie
  2. Queen of Everything – OPI for Sephora
  3. Glitzerland – OPI
  4. Peridot – Chanel 


Here they are with two coats of The Wyndham on top: 

 

Kind of disappointing, huh? Yes, definitely. I guess this topcoat is for the darker colors. Though, I can tell you that it looks hideous over red, because I tried it on one of my toes.

HOWEVER.... upon closer inspection, on the Marshmallow it's kind of snowy and pretty! 


Then, to sparkle it up just a little bit more, I added a layer of Only Gold For Me topcoat by OPI for Sephora. I love it because it has both glitter and "sequins" in it. Silver, or any metallic really, would be nice too.


Now THIS is a party! You get the booze, I'll bring the ice.

2 comments:

  1. Right now I'm wearing Tarte with a Heart, aka, Hooker with a Heart of Gold, over a dark concrete gray, and I'm loving it. FYI. Polish ban is in trouble, as I got a full size Essie (school of hard rocks) and the Essie 4 pack mini winter collection today. But it doesn't count, because I returned something and got it on exchange. Right? Loving the Nails Inc quick dry topcoat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice! I just looked it up to see what color that was. I have a red glitter from Butter that I'm gonna write about soon.

    And it totally doesn't count if it's an exchange, or if you have a gift card, or if it's on sale. Those are the rules.

    ReplyDelete