July 16, 2012

Probably Not, To Blueberries


I received a packet of  Yes To Blueberries Facial Towelettes in my April Birchbox. I generally only use makeup remover towelettes when I’m traveling, so I didn’t end up using them until recently.

The towelettes are formulated with blueberries and coconuts and promise cleanse, remove makeup, and moisturize all in one. They also have lemon peel and apple to help brighten skin, so they’re really trying to pack a lot in there. The other nice thing is that the towelettes are biodegradable and 99% natural. They are oil-free, non-comedogenic, and hypoallergenic.

It all sounds pretty great, except… they don’t really remove makeup. I used four towelettes to clean my face, and still had to use a separate eye makeup remover for my eyes. Granted, the eyeliner was waterproof, but the mascara was not, so there is no excuse for that.

I thought including the moisturizer was a pretty great bonus, most of the other towelettes I’ve tried only remove makeup and maybe exfoliate a little. While these didn’t remove makeup, the towelettes were moisturizing enough that I didn’t need to use a separate face lotion.

In case you were wondering, they don’t smell like blueberries. They don’t smell “blue” at all, actually. They smell yellow, like lemon meringue pie.

I suppose if you don’t wear makeup these would be convenient to have; you could cleanse and moisturize your face with one product in about 30 seconds. But if you wear makeup, they’re pretty useless, unless you want a facial cleansing towelette just for the morning? I don’t know. Other people seem to like them, though most admit they’re not great for taking off makeup, so, I don’t get it.

2 comments:

  1. The best makeup remover wipes I've ever used are from Trader Joe's. I have really sensitive skin and most wipes dry my face out so much that I can't wear makeup the next day because of the itchy gross peeling. The Trader Joe's wipes (they come in a yellow pouch and you can find them near the soap and shampoo) are mild and actually remove makeup. I highly recommend them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm totally going to try that. (Trader Joe is my boyfriend.)

      Delete