July 2, 2012

A Gift From Planet Porecleanz


I was on vacation last week, but that didn’t keep me from trying out some new stuff while I was away! Like this crazy thing!

Though I was traveling decidedly NOT light, (We had to bring our own sheets, blankets, pillows, bath towels, beach towels, beach chairs and sun umbrella, plus laundry and pantry supplies, among other things.) one thing I was not packing was my Clarisonic Mia.I just had too much other stuff!

However, I knew my skin would be feeling gunky from sweat and sunscreen, so I didn’t want to take a vacation from exfoliation. I packed my tube of Murad AHA/BHA Cleanser,and also picked up a Sephora Face Brush,and this weird pink thing they call a Precision Pore Cleansing Pad.(I mostly bought the pink thing because it was so funny looking.)

I didn’t like the face brush. It just felt so plasticky and weird, and it didn’t seem like it was doing anything. The pink thing, however, exceeded expectations. It felt really nice and kept even the cloggiest of pores, the ones on my nose, looking good.

The whole thing is made of soft pink silicone, and one side has tiny rubbery bristles that gently brush your skin. (Scrub in soft circles.) Even if it didn’t do a good job cleaning pores, it feels fantastic so I would probably use it anyway. But it does work, so that makes it even better.


Plus, it’s cheap and TINY! I mean, it’s big enough to use on your face, but… oh wow, for a second I just imagined a big one for body, because that would feel so nice. Anyway, it’s small, so it’s really perfect for travel. And since it’s cheap, if you accidentally leave it behind somewhere, it’s not really a big deal.

While I bought it for travel, I plan to use it at home too, because it’s really enjoyable. I use the Mia with the Murad in the shower in the morning, and I think I’ll use this with regular cleanser when I wash my face at night.

So! This thing!It’s tiny and cute and pink and weird! And it works!

4 comments:

  1. oh I want to try that!! Never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could also save a few cents (literally, maybe only 50 cents haha) and buy a bottle of any of the L'Oreal 360 cleansers. The "scrublet" that's included is pretty much the exact same as the pore cleansing pad. The cleanser was awful, but I still have the scrublet! After your review, I'm gonna have to break it out and use it tonight :)

    Here's Nouveau Cheap's review that shows the scrublet: http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2010/01/review-new-loreal-go-360-clean-deep.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! The scrublet looks almost identical and they said it's really soft too. I guess going with L'Oreal is a better deal if you like their cleanser, or if you had a coupon like nouveaucheap.

      Otherwise, it's kind of a wash. (puns!)

      Delete